Senior Prospect Analyst (7547U) #24634 at University of California-Berkeley
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Berkeley, California
Senior Prospect Analyst (7547U) #24634
Univ Dev and Alumni Rel
Return to Previous Page
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance academic and artistic, political and cultural make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: March 16, 2018.
University Development and Alumni Relations, formerly named University Relations, increases support for and enhances knowledge of UC Berkeley through communications, public outreach, and fundraising. The department is responsible for centralized fundraising and donor engagement, and works to strengthen unit development offices by consulting and partnering with campus fundraisers. University Development and Alumni Relations also handles a range of central activities and services encompassing events, communications, stewardship, prospect development, gift management, database management, and more.
University Development and Alumni Relations encompasses the UC Berkeley Foundation (UCBF), a California nonprofit public benefit corporation established to secure support for the University. The UCBF is also Cal s primary vehicle for enlisting fundraising volunteers from the private sector. The UCBF is staffed by University Development and Alumni Relations leadership.
Prospect Development manages information about UC Berkeley s donors and prospective donors with the goal of building lasting philanthropic relationships that benefit both the donor and the University. In partnership with development officers, Prospect Development provides information, knowledge, coordination, and tools that support the campus in achieving its fundraising goals. The unit identifies prospective donors, matches their interests to campus programs, and ensures that prioritized prospective donors are included in development officers portfolios. Prospect Development s research informs prospect strategy, and its ongoing work helps development officers move prospective donors through stages of the fundraising cycle while recording the activities that foster the relationship.
* Develops data mining, descriptive, and predictive statistical modeling strategies to segment, analyze, and rank prospect pools, and to answer specific business questions that create fundraising efficiencies and improve fundraising effectiveness.
* Uses internal and external data sources.
* Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes the collection of information and data; recommends statistical approaches, trends, sources and uses.
* Prepares data for presentation.
* Identifies multivariate strategies.
* Analyzes the interrelationships of data and defines logical aspects of data sets.
* Reviews new software and keeps abreast of statistical techniques and potential effects on statistical testing
* Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system logic difficulties as necessary.
* Creates complex specifications for reports to meet user requirements.
* Validates requirements against needs. Designs, develops, modifies, debugs and evaluates complex prospect reports for use by Prospect Development and fundraising units. * Plans and executes unit integration and acceptance testing.
* Provides analysis and information of complex results or activities, including analysis of donor trends and interests and giving capacity and affinity, and makes recommendations to management for program changes as required.
* Plans, schedules, and implements projects and programs that support fundraising and alumni relations. Develops programs that optimize fundraiser prospect portfolios.
* Coordinates and oversees the work of support staff and/or other professionals.
* Assists in planning and analysis of fundraising and alumni relations programs and results.
* Participates in short and long-range strategic planning.
* Develops strategies within existing policy guidelines.
* Participates in cross-functional teams to solve complex business or systems issues.
* Understands industry practices and department policies and procedures relating to work assignments.
* Ensures that predetermined goals are met.
* Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
* Thorough working knowledge and understanding of fundraising and donor relations concepts, principles, techniques, procedures and practices.
* Thorough working knowledge of the campus, including its vision, mission, goals, objectives, achievements and infrastructure.
* Thorough knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, et cetera.
* Thorough written, oral and interpersonal communication skills, including political acumen, to build and maintain effective working relationship at all organizational levels, and to work with both technical and non-technical personnel. Must be able to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
* Thorough analytical and critical thinking skills, including skill in creative and effective decision-making and problem identification/avoidance/resolution.
* Thorough project management skills.
* Requires skills associated with analysis of processes and problems, information flow and architecture.
* Advanced skills in statistical analysis, predictive and descriptive modeling.
* Requires advanced skills in R, Excel, Access, and SQL programming and analysis tools. Experience of tools such as dplyr, ggplot2, and knitr to provide data analysis including reports and visualizations.
* Requires ability to understand business needs and how business systems can support those needs.
* Must be self motivated, work independently or as part of a team, able to learn quickly, meet deadlines and demonstrate problem solving skills.
* Skill to maintain confidentiality.
* Skills to meet or exceed goals and objectives.
* Excellent client service orientation and follow-through.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for