Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Berkeley, California
Storekeeper (5064C) #23654
Housing & Dining Services
Return to Previous Page
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance academic and artistic, political and cultural make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
Application Review Date
First review date: August 15, 2017. Open until filled
At Cal Dining, we believe that breaking bread together is a unique aspect of dining on-campus with friends, faculty or staff. Our focus is on nourishing the Cal community, both for physical and social well-being, through customer-driven programs, culinary excellence and campus social responsibility.
Cal Dining is looking for a Partial Year Career Storekeeper to join the team.
This position functions as the delivery and inventory resource for a Cal Dining area. The incumbent is
responsible for ensuring the timely receiving, storage, and delivery of food and non-food products. Reports to
the Manager, may take direction from the Senior Storekeeper. This position is knowledgeable in both HACCP
Food Safety and Sanitation practices. Ensures that health and safety guidelines are practiced.
Receives and inspects all food and non-food items. Checks deliveries against orders, packing slips, and/or
invoices. Responsible organization and for upholding the security of the loading dock areas, storerooms and
product inventory. Distributes product to meet production and service requirements for operation.
* Receive, inspect, and store all food and non-food products in specified areas in accordance
with HACCP guidelines. Dates and rotates all inventory items using the FIFO Principles (First
In First Out)
* Ensure food is held and loaded at safe temperatures
* Assist manager with inventory, ordering and planning supply distribution schedule using a computerized food management system
* Responsible for the organization and cleanliness of all storage spaces
* On a daily basis, records temperatures of all refrigerators, freezers, and maintains records for
* Oversee receipt and distribution of products
* Receive multiple deliveries daily
* Responsible for invoice accuracy, proper condition of products, and return of damaged or otherwise suspicious inventory
* Monitor loading area so that vehicles and other delivery trucks have necessary access
* Issue all food and non-food products to staff for daily operations
* Transfer supplies to other units when needed. Upholds the security of receiving areas, coolers,
freezers and storerooms
* Ensures food, product and equipment are secured properly and issues according to standard operating procedure
* Establish and maintain positive relations with our customers
* Listen, and if possible, resolve customers needs and report them to the manager and/or supervisor. Interact enthusiastically and pleasantly with customers and co-workers to ensure a positive interaction and outcome in every interaction
* Responsible for practicing good stewardship with university and customer
* Maintain a professional working relationship with all staff, vendors, and customers
* Assist other Cal Dining units in times of food/non-food product shortages
* Reprint service needs from computerized food system as required
* Submit invoices to manager for approval and signature
* Clean, prepare, store, and otherwise prepare food, following the basic HACCP principles of
food preparation, safety, and sanitation. Safely operate and maintain necessary equipment
* Ensure the cleanliness, safety, and sanitation of designated storage and work areas, large and
small equipment and utensils used in food production
* Prepare and distribute products to food production staff and/or other units based on production sheet, storeroom requisition, or by request to meet production schedules
* Maintain the overall appearance and organization of the loading dock and receiving areas
* Experience in storeroom duties, such as, shipping, receiving, storage, issuing, distributing of products and record keeping
* Experience in inventory control
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions in English
* Knowledge of food safety and sanitation
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
* Valid CA driver's license
* Previous food service experience
* Previous inventory, store-keeping experience
* Previous experience delivering items by car/truck
* Fork lift certification or successfully complete certification training
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
A valid driver's license and DMV check for driving record is required.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
Return to Previous Page