Engineering Technician IV Electrical (Auxiliary) at Life Cycle Engineering
Posted in Other 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: NORFOLK, Virginia
LIFE CYCLE ENGINEERING
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) is a privately held, employee owned company with an emphasis on "doing the right thing the right way," which applies to the way we treat our customers and employees. We are proud to have been recognized as a "Best Place to Work!" Learn more below and at www.lce.com.
Engineering Technician IV - Electrical (Auxiliary)
Life Cycle Engineering seeking an experienced Engineering Technician IV - Electrical (Auxiliary) who will be available to join our team in Norfolk, VA in the May 2018 timeframe. This is a full-time opening. As the selected candidate, you will assist Ships Force and/or involved Navy Technical Activities with troubleshooting, repair, testing and grooming of systems and equipment.
* Must be a US citizen with a current/active DoD Secret security clearance.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Provide assessment status and operational checks of equipment and systems, which will include:
* Identifying and documenting system and/or equipment problems
* Correcting and/or repairing identified discrepancies and required corrective actions
* Identifying and documenting design problems
* Identifying and documenting logistic support deficiencies and recommending corrective actions
* Developing and providing on-the-job training (OJT) to Ships Force personnel
* Verifying configuration data and existing 2 Kilos for accuracy
* Developing test specifications.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of Navy assessment programs, visit processes and reporting methods for visits.
* Demonstrate regular use of accepted current instrumentation for diagnosing equipment.
* Demonstrate ability for interpreting wiring diagrams and control schematics.
* Ability to utilize computers including the Microsoft Office Suite for compiling information for reports and history files and transfer digital pictures from camera to computer and enhance as required and label them for report purposes.
* Ability to interact and support other inspection teams such as but not limited to INSURV, ERAT.
* Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
* Demonstrated knowledge of shipboard auxiliary equipment.
* Minimum of twenty (8) years of experience in the operation, repair, maintenance and assessment of US Naval auxiliary equipment to include but not limited to:
* Auxiliary Circ/Condensate/Sea Water Pumps
* Distilling Plants
* Electronic Cooling Water
* Fire Pumps
* Fuel/Lube Oil Pumps and Purifiers
* JP-5 Service/Transfer/Cargo/Stripping Pumps and Purifiers
* Main and Auxiliary Condensers
* Main Condensate Pumps
* Main Seawater Circ Pumps
* Oily Waste Systems and Pumps
* Plastic Waste Disposal
* Potable Water Pumps and Systems
* Sea Valves
* SSDG/SSGTG Pumps
* Various types of pumps and piping associated with mentioned systems
Physical Demands and Expectations:
* Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, and standing; frequent periods of prolonged sitting may be required.
* Maneuvering around tight spaces in a shipboard environment.
* Ability to speak, read, hear, and write, with or without assistance.
* Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment.
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization our mission is focused on our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE's success depends on the talent, professionalism and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients' success.
* Affordable Medical/Dental/Vision for Employees, with plan options for the whole family.
* Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available.
* Health Savings Account and Flexible Benefit Account options
* Company matched 401K & company funded Employee Stock Ownership Program
* Paid Vacation, Holidays, & Sick Leave
* Continuing Education & Professional Development Programs at all levels
* Flexible Schedules & Relaxed Dress code
* Employer sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
* Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
* Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more…
*Benefits may vary by business unit & location. http://www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. In addition, LCE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. LCE shall also abide by the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A.