Global Biologics Procurement & Category Strategy Leader at Zoetis, Inc.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: parsippany, New Jersey
This role reports to the Zoetis VP of Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) and is a key leadership position within the GSS function. The primary responsibilities of the role are:
* To provide leadership to the local site procurement teams embedded in the Global Biologics business unit (as the GLOBAL BIOLOGICS PROCUREMENT LEADER)
* To Develop and execute the procurement strategy for Zoetis global spend on Biologics (as the GLOBAL BIOLOGICS CATEGORY STRATEGY LEADER)
SCOPE OF JOB:
* This is a highly influential and impactful Senior Leadership role which supports both the Biologics Business Unit and the broader Procurement and Global Manufacturing Supply (GMS) organizations
* The role is part of an existing procurement team but requires a talented individual who is capable of partnering both internally and externally with stakeholders at the most senior levels whilst working seamlessly across functional boundaries
* The role has accountabilities for delivering both tactical operational performance in accordance with product supply and budget commitments whilst ensuring a comprehensive strategy is in place to deliver longer term cost reduction and supply assurance through risk mitigation
* As a key member of the Procurement and Biologics platform leadership teams, the individual is responsible for bringing procurement subject matter expertise and driving a culture of continuous improvement to accelerate performance
AS THE GLOBAL PROCUREMENT PLATFORM LEAD KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Leadership of all procurement activities across multiple sites that are primarily focused on Biologics products
* Training and management of the local site based procurement teams in procurement best practices
* Generation of cost reduction and risk mitigation plans by working closely with the site and platform leadership teams
* Preparation of the annual Procurement budget for the platform (~$96MM spend), along with providing updates at the period budget reviews
AS THE GLOBAL CATEGORY STRATEGY LEADER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Ensuring that the local site teams execute planned and opportunistic cost reduction and risk mitigation initiatives to deliver the plan
* Acing as the senior point of escalation within the Procurement Function for resolving supplier related interruptions
* Ensuring that Zoetis achieves the best value proposition (Service, Quality, Cost) from its global spend on Biologics materials (~$65MM)
* Generation of the Zoetis global Biologicals strategic category plan by understanding in detail the supply market, business requirements and overall spend dynamics.
* Agreeing the strategy with key stakeholders and working cross functionally to implement it in order to achieve cost improvements, supplier consolidation, improved service and reliable quality
* Initiating category reviews, conducting internal and external opportunity analysis, setting and managing the category strategies.
* A key success factor for the role is identifying those materials/suppliers where synergy can be unlocked through a central negotiation and those which will be negotiated locally by site procurement managers. As such the role is responsible for defining sourcing policy for their category in terms of when to source globally or regionally and which decisions to delegate to local site procurement colleagues
The role is responsible for concluding supply agreements/contracts and communicating the salient information to manufacturing sites. The manufacturing sites will order or call-off supply from those agreements.
Key measures include savings achievement, impact upon budget, product availability and supplier performance
The role will support internal customers in the resolution of chronic or severe supplier related quality or service issues. Ultimately, this role is responsible for the performance of the suppliers within the defined category, although the first line of engagement of suppliers for most transactions will be the site teams.
The role will develop and ensure execution of appropriate risk management strategies to assure supply of Zoetis' Products.
The role is accountable for setting up and leading Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) processes appropriate to the strategic importance of the supplier.
* Directly reports to the VP Global Strategic Sourcing, Zoetis.
* Part of the Procurement and Biologics Business unit senior leadership teams
* Strong working relationship with the GMS Platform leads, Site Leads, Site Procurement, Quality, EHS, GTS and all functions that affect the supply base.
* In particular, a strong working relationship with the platform leadership team is essential
* Budget responsibility for the procurement of the Biologics platform materials ~US $96MM in annual spend
* Strategic Sourcing management of Zoetis Global Biologics spend ~ US $65MM
* Direct management of multiple Site Procurement Managers and their associated teams.
* Geographic scope: Global
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor s Degree required.
* More than 10 years experience of performing Strategic Sourcing roles from spend analysis to category strategy creation and procurement category management
* Experience of Procurement of Biologicals in a Manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
* Certified Purchasing Manager or equivalent credentials desirable.
* Demonstrable track record of performance in managing complex, cross-functional procurement activities
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
* A track record in procurement of achieving results
* Able to create, implement and enhance an effective procurement category strategy
* Good negotiation skills
* Task focused with proven ability to initiate and complete actions, including working with and through colleagues
* Ability to independently evaluate, assess and initiate action; recognition of positive and negative impacts of actions, decisions, other market forces on business and people.
* Demonstrated problem resolution skills for supply chain issues; a can-do attitude
* Business acumen- proven ability to understand the drivers of total cost
* Able to convey clear information through a variety of media to stakeholders
* Strong influencing and persuasion skills
* Builds and sustains positive relationships, collaborates and works well with others
* Strong change management skills
* Pragmatic, with a mature and flexible approach to understanding the time and resource balanced against the potential outcomes/benefits
* Highly numerate and must have excellent IT skills in Microsoft office suite: Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Ability to work in a matrix environment
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIRMENTS:
* Role is office based at one of three potential locations:
* Dublin, Ireland (Cherrywood Business Park, Building 10 Floor 3, Loughlinstown, Co Dublin, D18 T3Y1)
* Parsippany, US (10 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, NJ 07054, USA)
* Zaventem, Belgium (Mercuriusstraat 20, 1930 Zaventem, Belgium)
* Normal working pattern is Mon- Fri.
* Travel requirement: Up to 20%
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification