Nurse Tech at Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation
Posted in Other 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Nurse technicians provide important patient care within the Nursing Department. Under the direction of the registered nurse assigned to each patient, this non-licensed team member assists with patient care and other department activities as outlined in this job description, and communicates effectively with the RN responsible for each patient. Work performed by each Nurse Technician must support the mission, vision, and values of Mary Free Bed.
Essential Job Qualifications:
* Licensure Requirements: None
* Education: High school graduate or equivalent GED required. Certified Nursing Assistant preferred.
* Current American Heart Association BLS Course for HealthCare Providers
* Physical Demands/Work Environment: The work environment described here are representative of those an employee will encounter while working as a nurse technician at Mary Free Bed. The ability to perform these tasks are required in order to provide the necessary patient care required by MFB patients:
* Required to stand, sit, talk, type, read, and hear, required to use hands and arms to handle, feel, carry and work, required to frequently stand, walk, bend, kneel, and rise from a kneeling position while performing patient care, required to be independently mobile, with frequent bending, and reaching overhead, for activities such as positioning and transferring of patients and equipment,
* Must be able to exert 20 to 35 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects(*).
* Due to possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens and hazardous materials, must be able to understand and follow department policies related to employee safety.
* Must be competent with computer systems for the purpose of documenting patient care.
* Must be able to work effectively under time requirements and deadlines, problem-solve when facing unexpected issues, handle interruptions, and prioritize effectively.
* Experience: None required. Previous experience as a nurse technician or nursing assistant is preferred. Understanding of medical technology and rehabilitation care is preferred.