Senior Digital Video Engineer at Spectrum
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Broomfield, Colorado
The Senior Digital Video Engineer is a crucial member of the Engineering team responsible for the engineering design and standards related to acquisition, processing, transport and delivery of the digital video services to Charter customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* The Senior Digital Video Engineer is responsible for identifying best practices and establishing Charter standards for the engineering designs involving video services and driving consistent deployment of these design standards across Charter Communications serving area.
* The Senior Digital Video Engineer works with his peers in the Content Operations Engineering and Development group, onsite engineering personnel in Charter markets, other enterprise departments, vendors and contractors.
* Minimum of 6 years of Digital Video Transport and Delivery experience
* Minimum of 6 years of experience working within headend environments
* Minimum of 6 years of experience performing design reviews and documentation
* Bachelor s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university; or equivalent training, education, and experience
Additional Job Requirements& Qualifications:
* Experience working with digital video transmission protocols (Multicast, Unicast, Anycast)
* Experience with command line script and automation program execution, as well a log scrubbing and data analysis
* Experience documenting engineering drawings and concepts; Utilizing Microsoft Visio or OmniGraffle
* Experience participating in technology assessment efforts to develop the next generation video infrastructure that is cost effective, reliable, scalable and easy to operate
* Experience contributing to RFI and RFP documents for related technologies
* Experience participating in vendor s product roadmap and hardware/software release staging and release schedules
Preferred Skill s & Qualifications:
* Experience working within Telecommunications industry
SCTE, DVEP, or IPEP certified