Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
If you re looking for an exciting Engineering opportunity with the global leader of logistics, UPS has an internship for you! UPS is seeking a Transportation Analytics Intern to work individually or on small teams to improve and enhance current department tools and processes. He/She will bring their academic knowledge into the business world and translate their skills to improving efficiencies and output of tools and processes.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Develops process improvement to increase productivity and profitability or reduce transportation expenses
* Performs operational observations and process documentation
* Creates, analyzes, and deploys business improvement tools
* Interacts with cross-functional teams to resolve operational problems
* Identifies exceptions, formulates recommendations, and implements process improvements
* Provides steady flow of information to management, customers, internal personnel, and directs reports as committed
Knowledge and Skills
* Knowledge of Industrial Engineering and/or Engineering-related discipline
* Effective statistical analysis skills
* Effective research and communication skills
* Effective with written and oral communications
* Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
* Graduate student in Industrial Engineering or disciplines of Engineering or Operations/Supply Chain Management - Preferred
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.