Formal Learning Center (FLC) Assessments Analyst at Obsidian Solutions Group
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Formal Learning Center (FLC) Assessments Analyst
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, CA, US
Must be a U.S citizen
Security Clearance: Secret
The Marine Corps Tactics and Operations Group (MCTOG) mission is to provide standardized advanced training and certification to Ground Combat Element (GCE) Operations Officers, Operations Chiefs, and select other GCE training specialists in GCE operations, combined arms planning and integration, and unit readiness planning at the company, battalion, and regiment levels to support GCE Training and Readiness (T&R) events.
There is a critical need to assist the Marine Corps Tactics and Operations Group (MCTOG) in understanding the impact of its training and education programs. The FLC Assessments Analyst will be responsible for initiating and guiding institutional assessment activities; data collection, management and reporting; fostering an institutional culture of assessment; and facilitating the use of documents, reports and assessment results for institutional planning and continuous improvement. The FLC Assessments Analyst provides centralized support to the Education and Learning Branch (ELB) to enhance academic quality and student success through comprehensive assessment processes and best practices focused on continuous progress in student learning and use of data to inform improvements. Information from programmed assessments is used to support planning and decision making across the organization.
* Responsible for working with ELB and the Lead Curriculum Developer on continuing quality efforts and implementing the assessment plan for the ELB.
* Works closely with the Senior Curriculum Developer to ensure student and faculty assessment surveys are updated, maintained and distributed as necessary for all of MCTOGs Programs of Instruction (POIs).
* Works closely with Program Assessments Director to provide useful input into the overall assessment of the impact of MCTOG on the MAGTF and Joint Community.
* Responsible for data collection, data compilation and facilitating the use of documents for others to interpret.
* Responsible for aiding as needed to write and submit routine reports to ensure MCTOG is achieving its objectives in its Campaign Plan.
* Perform other duties and projects as assigned in support of ELB, and MCTOG as a Formal Learning Center.
* Creates and compiles applicable student and employee surveys, needs assessments, and satisfaction surveys for all applicable development programs.
* Conducts regular evaluation of the measurement techniques and processes to ensure conformity in captured data and applicability to stated goals and objectives.
* Assists course management and faculty development experts in specific data collection based on short term goal or adjustments in programs.
* Consults with instructional staff to confirm program and system objectives, operational procedures, and system/program constraints as related to analysis.
* Remains current on assessment methodologies, technology enhancements, and improved evaluation criteria.
Knowledge and Skills
* Must have knowledge and skills in analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to conduct studies, analyze findings, determine impact, provide advice, and make recommendations on training.
* Familiarity in supporting and or collaborating with the U.S. Marine Corps.
* Must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
* Must possess self-motivation and a high level of discretion to work effectively.
* Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects and have a strong attention for detail.
* Have proven experience building relationships with the ability to communicate and drive action with adults and scholars.
* Be self-reflective, passionate and deeply committed to world-class schooling and excellence.
* Possess meticulous attention to detail and excellent project management skills with proven systems to maintain integrity.
* Have unparalleled commitment for action-driven analysis for the benefit of the MCTOG community.
Experience and Education
* Bachelor s degree in relevant field and 3 years of related work experience.
* Work experience designing performance evaluation systems; and/or strategic planning, organizing, and tracking and analyzing student and faculty professional development activities.
* Experience supporting military training desired.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
* Garrison work environment including but not limited to:
* occasional field/tactical environments
* occasional extended working hours will be required
* schedule: M-F 0700 to 1700
* Domestic travel may be required for training and program coordination.
* May be required to travel OCONUS to conduct installation, training or maintenance. Accordingly, a valid passport is required.
* Travel is estimated to be up to 10%.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Obsidian Solutions Group (OSG) is a diversified consulting and technology company providing flexible and responsive solutions to federal, state, and local agencies and organizations. Our core domains are overseas and domestic mission support operations, collection/analysis/identification, and information technology. Obsidian Solutions Group is comprised of strategic and operational personnel who provide its clients deep domain expertise across a comprehensive spectrum of skill sets, allowing mission accomplishment and development of long-term capabilities.
Obsidian Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, any other non-merit factor, or any other characteristic protected by law.