Construction Supervisor at Altice USA
Posted in Other 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Scott Depot, West Virginia
Job ID: 2018-18473
Location: Scott Depot, WV
Altice Technical Services US Corp. is a newly formed entity within the Altice NV global family of companies. Altice Technical Services US Corp. is a first of its kind national services organization capable of deploying and implementing cutting edge video, internet and voice products and networks to the consumer. We promote the culture of an innovative start-up company that is intensely focused on providing the highest level of service to our clients. Altice Technical Services is responsible for the technical service delivery from the execution at our head ends through to the customer premise. You have an opportunity to be on the ground floor of something new and exciting as we innovate and introduce services such as fiber to the home and bring Generation Gigaspeed to life.
* Provides for the timely construction of new cable related facilities by effectively coordinating and/or planning with other departments, utility companies, builders/developers and local governmental authorities.
* Schedules and directs the construction activities of subcontractor and in-house construction crews to include overseeing MDU and plant projects.
* Administers job site quality inspections, ensuring compliance with applicable engineering standards, City and State Codes, and other regulations.
* Supervises first-line employees, estimates workloads and assigns priorities to ensure maximum productivity and that deadlines are met.
* Responsible for measuring performance, providing feedback, mentoring direct reports including Performance Management
* Issues projects to subcontractors after assessing their work schedule, availability and area of expertise.
* Modifies system design and construction plans when problems occur by using discretionary authority and knowledge of theory and design.
* Monitors progress, material expenditures, overtime labor expenses, tool/equipment inventory.
* Compiles progress reports, maintains inventory and material requisition files, and tracks vendor deliveries.
* Provides for a safe work environment by training workers, investigating accidents and enforcing all company and regulatory authority safety rules and regulations.
* Represents the company with property owners, management companies and municipalities in resolution of differences arising from contract activities.
* Ability to communicate in person and by telephone
* Ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
* Ability to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
* Ability to work while standing 50 - 70% of the time
* Ability to work in confined spaces such as crawlspaces and attics by crawling, bending,
* reaching, twisting
* Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 feet high and 75 pounds). Accommodation with 50 pound maximum lifting is available.
* Ability to lift up to 75 pounds. Accommodation with 50 pound maximum lifting is available.
* Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed
* Ability to drive Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
* May obtain construction permits and utility permits, including make-ready, right-of-way, railroad, road bore and crossing permits.
* Improves work efficiency by recommending method improvements, budget expenditures, equipment uses and modified construction practices.
Qualifications / Requirements
* High School Diploma or GED
* Knowledge of Cable Television products and services
* Knowledge of all phases of cable system construction
* Knowledge of CATV Plant Design
* Minimum of five years construction experience
* Minimum of two years experience with MDU design and builds
* Minimum of three years manager / supervisor experience
* Knowledge of applicable safety regulations
* Effective communication skills
* Planning and organizational skills
* Ability to read construction plans, analyze data and prepare paperwork and documents
* Ability to explain and comprehend detailed information and instruction
* Good data entry and math skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace