Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Bridgeport, West Virginia
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND COMPETENCY EVALUATION
TITLE: COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY TECHNOLOGIST
DEPARTMENT: DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES
REPORTS TO: DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES SUPERVISOR - IMAGING
Q 90 DAY
Q 90 DAY TRANSFER
UPDATED: 12/04, 12/05, 12/06, 12/07, 10/08, 2/09,12/10, 12/11, 1/12_
Performs CT procedures at a technical and professional level not requiring constant supervision. The CT technologist must assume responsibility, exercising independent judgment, initiative, and ingenuity in insuring quality images and pertinent information for diagnoses by the interpreting physician.
1. Certified by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, or registry eligible.
2. Maintains current license as a Radiologic Technologist by the State of
3. Current BCLS certificate.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS FOR COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHY TECHNOLOGIST
STATE OR IMPLY THAT THE DUTIES, ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, AND JOB REQUIREMENTS ARE THE ONLY PARAMETERS FOR THIS POSITION. ASSOCIATES ARE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW JOB-RELATED INSTRUCTION AND PERFORM OTHER JOB RELATED ACTIVITIES REQUESTED BY THEIR SUPERVISOR.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION IN ORDER TO PROVIDE A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION TO INDIVIDUALS WITH PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITIES AS DEFINED BY THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT. SOME REQUIREMENTS MAY EXCLUDE INDIVIDUALS WHO POSE A DIRECT THREAT OR SIGNIFICANT TO THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF THEMSELVES, THE PATIENTS, OR OTHER ASSOCIATES.
Works independently and as part of a team, performing Invasive CT Procedures at a technical and professional level not requiring constant supervision. The CT Technologist must assume responsibility exercising independent judgment, initiative, and ingenuity in insuring quality images and pertinent information for diagnosis by the interpreting physician.
Frequent walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and feeling are necessary body movements utilized in performing duties throughout the work shift.
Must be able to lift, move, and position patients of all weights, with varying amounts of assistance in a fair manner on a regular and recurring basis.
Hearing within the normal range is required.
Must be able to read and write legibly in English.
Visual acuity must be within normal range.
Must be able to perform heavy work: exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)