RazorTemps Summer Cleaner/Mover - Housing (May 2018) at University of Arkansas
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
The Cleaner/Mover responsibilities may vary from day to day. Daily work assignments include moving furniture and detail cleaning of residential facilities. The duties will also consist of, but not limited to, sanitizing bathrooms and common living spaces, sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming floors. This position could involve lifting and moving of objects up to 50 lbs waist high, walking, bending, working with mild chemicals, laundering of linens, attention to detail, and climbing stairs while carrying up to 40 lbs. Working outdoors is a possibility. Work is medium to heavy duty. Availability to work overtime is required. Other duties as assigned.
Most positions will end on or before 06/02/2018; however, some positions may be available for the entire summer through 08/01/2018.
TENTATIVE WORKING HOURS:
* ORIENTATION: May 8th or 10th for approximately 1 hours (paid)
* START DATE: May 12th (6:00am 2:30pm)
* TYPICAL HOURS: Monday Friday, May 14th 25th (6:00am 2:30 pm)
* June 2nd (6:00am 3:30pm)
Some overtime may be required. Schedule may vary based on department needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL RELEVANT APPLICATION MATERIALS INCLUDE DETAILS ADDRESSING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS. APPLICANTS NOT MEETING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM CONSIDERATION.
* The formal equivalent of a high school diploma
* Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned
DOES THIS JOB REQUIRE ANY LICENSE(S)/CERTIFICATION(S)*
IF YES, PLEASE SPECIFY
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* Knowledge of basic cleaning techniques
* Knowledge of cleaning equipment operation and maintenance
* Ability to follow instructions, perform repetitive manual work, and must be flexible
* Ability to use cleansers and other agents to clean floors and furniture
* Ability to use housekeeping cleaning supplies and equipment
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to work independently without close supervision
* Ability to climb up and down stairs
* Ability to follow oral and/or written instructions
* Ability to perform multiple tasks and to prioritize assignments
* Ability to do required lifting up to 50 lbs waist high
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Compliance 479-575-4019.
* Repetitive motion
See Job Duties Above
IS THIS POSITION WEATHER/EVENT ESSENTIAL* IF YES, THE EMPLOYEE IN THIS POSITION WILL REPORT TO WORK AT THE SCHEDULED TIME WHEN THE UNIVERSITY IS CLOSED DUE TO INCLEMENT CONDITIONS.
Fayetteville Campus - Housing Dormitories / Building Areas
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A MOTOR VEHICLE REPORTS CHECK*
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A BACKGROUND CHECK*
IF YES, PLEASE SPECIFY
* Criminal background check
* Sex offender registry check
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A SUBSTANCE ABUSE TEST*
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.