Investment Operations Associate at Prudential
Posted in Admin - Clerical 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Scranton, Pennsylvania
The Investment Operations Associate performs a variety of administrative duties, within the Funding Administration Department. The department is primarily responsible for critical data support on the insurance administration.
Responsibilities related to insurance administration include:
- Administration of insurance plans such as informal nonqualified plan funding, Split Dollar, Executive Life, BOLI, and Income Disability.
- Daily Policy administrative tasks include premium billings, rebalancing of asset subaccounts, delivery of policy reporting and other ad-hoc analysis.
- New case implementation with other departments, insurance carriers and trusts is also a responsibility of the Associate.
- Minimum of one year of practical work experience, preferably in financial services
- Basic financial acumen with strong math skills
- Undergraduate degree in related field and/or relevant experience
- Knowledge of life insurance, finance, accounting, financial modeling or other technically oriented benefits-related field is preferred
- Ability to anticipate needs and take effective action
- Detail oriented, analytical self-starter with a motivation to expand knowledge, skills and responsibility
- Experience in and knowledge of Excel, or other spreadsheet/database applications and Microsoft Word is preferred
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects and take an active role in problem solving/decision making
- Ability to meet deadlines and work both independently and as a team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Utilizes reasoning ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- FINRA Series 6 & 63 and state insurance license required within 120 days of hire
- Must be able to travel to CA during training & transition period
The ideal candidate should:
- Be excited about working within an environment of ambiguity
- Be data driven, analytical and enjoy working with numbers
- Have courage to take intelligent risks
- Have been told multiple times by multiple different people that they can think outside of the box
- Enjoy the challenge of working in a complicated, ever-changing and fast-moving environment