Manager, Investment Operations at Prudential
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Scranton, Pennsylvania
Responsibilities include the management of associates who are responsible for non-qualified Insurance Plans and Insurance administration. Ensures team meets client needs in a manner that enriches the client relationship and produces work that is readily usable (timely and accurate), and consistently fulfill commitments and responsibilities. Duties include mentoring and training team and others in the department, leading client and department related projects as well as designing and implementing departmental processes and procedures, standards, and best practices to ensure quality control and superior service.
- Team Management and Leadership
- Lead the Insurance Service teams, responsible for the administration of non-qualified life insurance plans and administration
- Ensure excellent team performance and account management through staff development, goal identification, team building, team meetings, guidance and coaching.
- Provide performance feedback
- Identify and resolve complex/difficult employee situations and relationships to promote a positive work climate
- Initiate appropriate audit processes; utilize appropriate checklist tools; delegate, prioritize, and supervise work to maximize administrative productivity and ensure timely and accurate completion of team deliverables
- As requested, track departmental deliverables
- Develop, perform analyses on, make recommendations for, and confirm accuracy of a variety of spreadsheets, client specific reports and correspondence produced by the team and department
- Coordinate with other teams or departments, as required to ensure team compliance with plan rules
- Develop, oversee, review and revise team and client specific transaction documentation, and procedures that are then applied as best practice models for department usage
- Solicit team performance feedback.
- Act as point of escalation in coordination with Department Head.
- Identify and resolve complex/difficult client issues to ensure optimal customer service.
- Exercise sound judgment and display a thorough understanding of business needs as it relates to weighing company cost against benefits gained from a new business change and/or decision
- Formulate and maintain valued relationships with clients, carriers, peers and associates
- Department leader who inspires trust and confidence in others by actively contributing to group discussions and company/departmental objectives
- Leader of department improvement initiatives through offering suggestions and challenging the status quo, while exemplifying a positive/motivating force for change
- Bachelor’s degree in related field strongly preferred
- 3-5 years experience in financial services and/or insurance industry required
- Basic financial acumen with strong math skills
- Life Insurance, Split Dollar Plans, finance, accounting, financial modeling or other technically oriented benefits-related field
- Prior management experience strongly preferred
- Ability to anticipate needs and take effective action
- Strong public speaking skills with the ability to clearly identify objectives catered to varying audiences
- Effectively addresses and resolves conflict.
- Effectively articulates point of view and provides feedback
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- FINRA 6 & 63 registration and state Life Insurance within 120 days of hire
- Must be able to travel to CA during training & transition period
The ideal candidate for this role should:
- Be excited about working within an environment of ambiguity
- Be data driven, analytical and enjoy working with numbers
- Have courage to take intelligent risks
- Have been told multiple times by multiple different people that they can think outside of the box
- Enjoy the challenge of working in a complicated, ever-changing and fast-moving environment