DC Yard Worker 1- Tracy, CA at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Construction 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tracy, California
Job ID: 132005
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions (OES) has united the Carson®, Christy®, and Synertech® brands to form the largest manufacturer of plastic, polymer, and concrete utility enclosure products serving the municipal water, irrigation, electric, communications, and transportation markets. OES has 11 manufacturing and distribution centers strategically located across the U.S. and Canada.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows & upholds Oldcastle’s policies (attendance, safety, accountability matrix, etc.)
- Maintains daily housekeeping expectations
- Able to identify product offering (location specific)
- Able to maintain daily white board expectations
- Maintains tools & equipment (banding carts, banding guns, scanners, etc.)
- Able to safely secure product to pallets/containers
- Able to perform required levels of forklift operations
- Accurately able to pull, stage & verify orders according to picking slip proficiently
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities
- Minimum 1 year experience as a plant laborer or equivalent
- High School, Trade School; or at least two years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10/s and 100’s
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to complete written or oral instructions
- Strong interpersonal and organizations skills
- This job involves the following physical demands Walking, standing, bending, stretching, using hands and fingers to hold, grasp, push, and lift items
- A large percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures can range from cool to hot and noise level can be moderate to high
- Lifting requirements are generally up to 40 pounds
- Job responsibilities involve occasional use of hand tools and power tools
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.