Maintenance Superintendent at Lonza America Inc
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Rochester, New York
At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization?
Job Description Summary
Manufacturing Process Optimization and engineering in support of Lonza’s business and manufacturing objectives.Provide baseline support for optimization of all processes at the Rochester site.
1. Responsible for supporting “The Goal is Zero” in his/her job routine. Works to attain the purpose, “Zero injuries, Zero process incidents, Zero distribution incidents, and Zero environmental incidents”.
2. Supporting our “Product Stewardship” initiative to ensure the health, safety and environmental performance of our products throughout the products’ life cycle.
3. Supervise employee performance with respect to safety practices, technical skills, efficiency and interpersonal skills. Establish goals for improvement to maintain present pay grade. Track goals to completion
4. Establish priority on incoming work request, estimate man hour requirements and develop schedule (daily, weekly, monthly).
5. Receive work request from outgoing shift, determine priority and determine if break in to daily schedule is required. Adjust daily schedule as necessary.
6. Assign day maintenance, shift mechanics and contract maintenance to daily & weekly schedule to complete required work requests on time.
7. Audit status of work on a daily basis and adjust future work schedules due to present work completion beyond expected dates.
8. Plan / utilize / supervise contract maintenance to complete work requests on time and to the necessary quality when in house maintenance manpower is not available.
9. Identify planned work request and coordinate (see planning below)
10. Act as technical resource for best maintenance practices on installed equipment
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Education, Apprenticeship or equivalent formal training in trades
Work Experience: Must have minimum 10 years in trades, 3-5 years field supervision experience, Chemical industry experience preferred.
Certifications: Responsible care training, OSHA 10 Hour Certification
People: Supervises and oversees work of Maintenance and Instrumentation/Electrical Supervisors
Budgetary: Responsible for labor and project budget
Leadership: Exhibits proper leadership behaviors in all interactions.
Quality: Comply with processes, procedures, instructions as needed to support all Lonza Quality systems.
Safety: Responsible for supporting the Lonza philosophy, “The Vision is Zero” in his/her job routine. Works to attain the purpose, “Zero injuries, Zero process incidents, Zero distribution incidents, and Zero environmental incidents.”
Language: Speaking, Writing, Reading Proficiency- English Fluency
- Well versed in maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Well versed in preventive and predictive maintenance practices and programs.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office products.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in addition to the ability to prioritize and be flexible in a dynamic environment.
- Strong project coordination / management and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of plant maintenance planning, predictive & preventive maintenance, ability to provide responsible care training,
- Understanding of Mechanical integrity and inspection needs, cGMP understanding.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lonza. The place to Go, Stay and Grow.