Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Alpharetta, Georgia
Job Description Summary
Halyard Health (NYSE: HYH) is a medical technology company focused on preventing infection, eliminating pain and speeding recovery for healthcare providers and their patients. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, Halyard is committed to addressing some of today’s most important healthcare needs, such as preventing healthcare-associated infections and reducing the use of narcotics while helping patients move from surgery to recovery. Halyard’s business segments — Surgical and Infection Prevention and Medical Devices — develop, manufacture and market clinically superior solutions that improve medical outcomes and business performance in more than 100 countries. For more information, visit www.halyardhealth.com.
Halyard Health spends $60 Million dollars on transportation every year. Our team ensures we have strong relationships with internal stakeholders so that we understand the business needs and develop effective sourcing strategies that drive value, so that Halyard Health Care can continue to invest in innovative new products and customer relationships.
The Transportation International Operations specialist is responsible for the timely and cost-effective Import & Export goods and services in accordance with corporate policies and procedures. This position works closely with Ocean Carriers, Halyard Health affiliates, freight forwarders and brokers around the globe to successfully deliver product on time.
Customers and Customer Expectations:
Broad base of customers that could include: Transportation Procurement ( Ocean & Air), International affiliates and International Customer , Category Leaders, Finance, A/P, Receiving, ITS, Distribution, Operations, R&E, Internal Controls, Quality, Marketing, Planning and Production Facilities ( Honduras , Mexico, China CM’s , Thailand and Malaysia )
- Fully knowledgeable Import and Export Operations. Develops robust strategies based on this knowledge.
- Fully knowledge on freight forwarders and broker operations.
- Develop and follow standard operational procedures for International Operations ( Import & Export )
- Develop meaningful KPI’s to the freight forwarders for NA and all international regions.
- Provide valuable insight on Ocean Carriers performance as key element for future contract & Pricing agreements.
- Provide timely execution for Goods Imports & Exports
- Provide Transportation Operational support to China CM’s , Thailand and Malaysia
- Provide Transportation operational support to Halyard affiliates around the globe
- Develop service levels & performance criteria for the ocean carriers
- Knowledgeable of market conditions for Ocean Freights & Airfreights
- Work in conjunction with customer service, operations, plants and suppliers to identify best options to support emerging business requirements to best serve customers
- Manage through service shortfalls or capacity gaps to ensure continuity of business
The incumbent reports to the Transportation International Operations Manager responsible for day to day Import and Export operations, working closely with Ocean Carriers, freight forwarders/ brokers. Also provide support to all international affiliates on operations for ocean Freight, bringing broad depth and breadth of experience to handle transportations operations in complex and/or rapidly changing marketplaces.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
The employment policy of Halyard Health is to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and prospective employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status or other categories as provided by law.
For Internal: This position report to Cesar Roque.
Bachelor's degree in business, logistics or related discipline
3-5 years of experience including Plant and staff.
Demonstrated knowledge and extensive experience in Transportation International Operations mainly Ocean Freight
If you are a current employee of Halyard Health, please apply here.