Specimen Processing Technician at SNBL USA
Posted in Research 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Everett, WashingtonJob Description:
SNBL USA, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status.
Req No. 2018-1860
Category Preclinical Research
Type Regular Full-Time
For more than 55 years, SNBL (Shin Nippon Biomedical Laboratories, Ltd) has been a leader in helping biopharmaceutical companies generate high quality data with the exceptional precision needed to rapidly advance new medical therapies and innovations that improve patients' lives, SNBL has facilities in Japan, the United States, China, and Cambodia. Our international footprint enables us to meet the research needs of clients around the globe. We are committed to providing our customers with fast and precise results across the entire drug development spectrum, from early discovery research to late-stage clinical trials. The SNBL team is dedicated as a company and as individuals in working with our clients to improve patient care and treatment outcomes. This is a cornerstone in our drive for excellence across all aspects of our business.
The Specimen Processing Technician, working under direct supervision, is responsible for the timely and accurate receipt, processing and storage of laboratory specimens in compliance with GLP guidelines, study protocols and standard operating procedures. May provide support for other areas within Specimen Management as necessary.
- Responsible for working in compliance with GLP guidelines, study protocols and standard operating procedures.
- Receive, log in, centrifuge, separate and/or prepare specimens according to SOPs and protocol design with limited supervision.
- Maintain and utilize laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Maintain chain of custody of all specimens processed and ensure timely transfer of specimens for analysis, shipment or storage.
- Maintain documentation of procedures and equipment used and performs QC of forms and logs.
- Maintain specimen receipt and processing area in an orderly and clean manner.
- Maintain laboratory supplies such as pipette tips, cryovials and storage boxes.
- Assist shipping area with arranging and ensuring accuracy of specimens being shipped.
- Cross-train to perform other duties within Specimen Management.
- Assist other areas of Specimen Management as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by department supervisor/manager/director.
- High school diploma required, and should possess a basic understanding of laboratory and processing equipment
- Previous experience in a laboratory desired, specimen processing preferred.
- CLA (Certified Laboratory Aide) certification a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Basic verbal and communication skills including the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, software and procedure manuals and study documents. Must be able to write correspondence and speak effectively with other groups within the organization. Routine reports may be requested.
- Previous laboratory experience preferred. Continual GLP training.
- Strong cross-team collaboration and the ability to be flexible and work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Wears appropriate PPE in accordance with policies and procedures. PPE may include, but is not limited to: N-95 respirator, face mask, safety glasses, goggles, face shield, gloves, and lab coat.
- Handles and disposes biological and/or chemical substances and wastes in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Some weekend and evening hours will be required to accommodate collection schedule.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.