Retail Technology Consultant- Champaign, IL at SUPERVALU Holdings Inc
Posted in Software 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Plan, execute and administer the Region Retail Technology activities involving the marketing, installation, and training of retail store improvement systems and the implementation and support of essential SUPERVALU strategic technology systems, while achieving budgeted Retail Systems sales and profits for assigned retail customers. Provide a focal point for the implementation of Retail Technology marketing plans in coordination with other Regional organizations, Corporate SUPERVALU, and outside resources, for assigned SUPERVALU affiliated retail customers across the Region.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Manage Retail Technology retailer relationships to include establishing individual retailer technology implementation plans with assigned SUPERVALU affiliated retailers, in conjunction with Regional R/T Director and Manager, Regional Marketing, Category Management and Development departments. Interact with Regional R/T Director to develop territory specific R/T marketing plan to attain SUPERVALU Corporate R/T and Regional goals that improve Wholesale food profit performance, increase retailer participation, and improve retailer profitability.
- Interact with the Retail Business Consultant in assessing and diagnosing retailer operational issues. Identify where R/T products may provide benefit to solve operational issues. Recommend solutions and work with store management to implement solutions.
- Diagnose retailer operational issues that are specific to R/T products. Develop and recommend solutions to these operational issues. Coordinate corrective action with store management, Regional R/T and Corporate R/T to implement solutions and/or resolve issues. Inform Regional R/T Director and/or Corporate R/T Product Manager on the status of these issues.
- Execute marketing plans for assigned accounts through individual retailer presentations, consultations, group presentations, proposal preparation; order processing, site evaluation, project scheduling and coordination, retailer equipment installation and training. Adhere to Region/Corporate policies for Retailer equipment purchasing and Region capital purchases.
- Provide on-site customer support when required for R/S product offerings. Interact with the Regional R/T Manager to initiate the hardware/software maintenance for all R/T products installed at retail throughout assigned retail territory. Monitor service provider performance, remain informed of developments, and take corrective/appropriate actions.
- Remain informed of emerging retailer technology needs and requirements that might have an impact on current products or business strategies. Communicates and documents all retailer needs and requirements to the Regional Director of R/T.
- Monitor key technology strategies and offerings of competitive wholesalers, retailers, service providers and report findings to Regional R/T Director.
- Assist the Regional R/T Director with the development of R/T sales, income and expense goals for assigned SUPERVALU affiliated retailers. Responsible for performance against goals and objectives.
- Maintain knowledge of industry developments, changes and improve professional skills by attending Industry conferences, Corporate R/S product training sessions and related education classes or seminars as recommended and approved by the Regional R/T Director.
- Possess good leadership skills and the ability to supervise the work of others. Must be able to motivate and work with and through others to achieve desires results.
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written. Deal effectively with a wide variety of people both in person and over the telephone.
- Requires the analytical ability to handle administrative duties and mental alertness to ensure accurate, safe, and thorough completion of work activities. Possess ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions.
- The incumbent should possess a college degree or equivalent work experience.
- The incumbent must have the ability to translate complex, rapidly changing, technical solutions into a clear business case for multiple styles of SUPERVALU affiliated retailers. Attention to detail is critical to success.
- The R/T Consultant seldom works in the proximity of supervisors. They must be able to function effectively with very little supervision.
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.