Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Waterbury, Connecticut
Job ID: 11103
The Manager, Global Key Accounts will be fundamental in growing the business for Haydon Kerk Pittman (HKP) on a global basis. He/She will directly drive sales though leadership and development of the Key Account Sales teams by increasing penetration of HKP products in global key accounts. The person in this role will be accountable for increasing sales with new and existing customers and identifying and pursuing potential HKP vertical integration opportunities with customers. The Manager and his/her team will lead opportunities from origination to post sales-close support for large key accounts. This person must have the ability to establish a sales business plan, execute on that plan and meet the goals set for their accounts as identified. This person will need to work seamlessly across multiple groups within HKP and provide sales strategy leadership for their direct team, as well as for regional sales teams, as appropriate. Additionally, the Manager, Global Key Accounts will focus on providing a “customer for life” experience by providing direct sales leadership, as well as influencing the internal support teams to do the same.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead a global account sales team supporting approximately, $35M revenue. Works closely with all HKP functions, including regional sales, customer service, engineering, operations and finance.
• Provide key accounts with a single point of contact to insure: Customer expectations are clearly understood, communicated and met; HKP’s operations teams and customer service teams are well coordinated to serve HKP’s key accounts; Best business practices are applied to benefit our key accounts.
• Drive global growth with new and existing customers by developing business plans to identify all HKP opportunities within each region and being held accountable for meeting and exceeding sales revenue targets.
• Develop and strengthen relationships with all levels of management and decision makers at key accounts.
• Manage day to day activities that facilitate the sale with major accounts, and their key decision makers and key influencers.
• Work closely and coordinate activities with regional sales teams on maintaining and growing of global key accounts, as assigned.
• Conduct quarterly business reviews with customers that provides insights into HKP’s delivery and quality levels, identifies additional growth opportunities, communicates service improvement opportunities and strengthens relationships.
• Identify and implement opportunities to improve service and grow revenue.
• Develop relationships with customer engineering teams to learn of new opportunities.
• Expand HKP’s market share with existing key accounts.
• Be familiar with the local market, customers and opportunities.
• Work with Product Management teams to coordinate quotation activity on new business opportunities.
• Support preparation of proposals, meetings and other activities targeted at key customer opportunities.
• Develop appropriate performance metrics and reporting; including monitoring and driving accountability across assigned teams.
• Develop a professional network to help provide identify and pursue opportunities.
Directly supervises global key account managers. Indirectly (via, dotted line reporting) manages and coordinates regional sales teams with alignment with regional sales directors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Reports directly to the VP, Sales and Marketing.
• Directly supervises global key account managers
• Works closely with Regional Sales Teams, Product Management, Global Marketing, Customer Service, Accounting, Quality and Operations at each respective manufacturing site.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• 12+ years of experience in managing sales teams and selling directly to large OEM’s, contract manufacturers and VAR’s.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or related technical degree, is required; Advanced degree is preferred
• Strong analytical decision making skills
• Experience with CRM systems and full cycle sales process
• Proven organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, events and projects
• Ability to create and implement strategic vision
• Operational experience a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills is a must
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams with or without a formal reporting relationship.
• Self-starter who is committed to the job and seeks empowerment and accountability and is readily adaptable to changing market and organizational dynamics.
• Solid presentation and negotiating skills
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
• Excellent interpersonal skills required. Results driven. Excellent working knowledge of sales and marketing principles. Strategic thinking capability with high business acumen.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.