Palo Alto Engineer at Cognizant
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Palo Alto Engineer
Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTSH) is looking for a Palo Alto Engineer
Specialist. The individual should have extensive experience in a Palo Alto Engineer.
Job Summary –
· 8-10 years IT network engineering support experience (Tier II, Tier III, network infrastructure implementation and maintenance).
· Subject matter expert in Palo Alto Firewalls.
· Experience supporting the configuration and maintenance of Firewall/DMZ infrastructure including Network and Application Firewall Packet Filtering technologies.
· Firsthand experience in developing and providing quality assurance review of engineering change orders relating to the replacement or enhancement of perimeter security hardware and software.
· Experienced with performing root cause analysis, risk identification and risk mitigation.
Job Responsibilities –
· Builds, designs, tests and deploys perimeter security systems to include firewalls, proxy devices, and mail transport agents.
· Plans, documents, and implements hardware and software refresh and upgrade of perimeter devices.
· Conducts troubleshooting and analysis for fault identification and remediation on perimeter devices. Directs Tier 2 resources for system fault remediation.
· Directs compilation of records and reports concerning perimeter operations and maintenance to analyze the performance of perimeter security systems.
· Provides input to the problem management process, including assessing and evaluating software and hardware anomalies. Supports the root cause analysis efforts to determine problems and develop remediation activities. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper support during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
· Supports the configuration testing of replacement perimeter devices.
· Creates and maintains standard operating procedures and guides for new and/or existing perimeter hardware and software.
· Attends weekly teleconferences, onsite meetings, and participates in working groups, as related to constant changing security environment.
Minimum Qualifications –
· Bachelor’s Degree in science, technology or computer
· ITIL ® Foundation certification
· Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 205 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter:USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.