Sr Technical Project Manager at CDS Global US
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Under general direction, manages all internal and external resources and activities required to ensure the successful execution of both technology based and non-technology based projects in support of overall company objectives. Defines and documents project scope, objectives, deliverables, and assumptions and effectively communicates and manages the status and risk of these projects through the effective use of accepted PMI, industry, and CDS Global Project Management Office (PMO) business practices and standards.
• Maintains confidentiality of CDS Global and its clients’ proprietary information.
• Develops and manages multiple detailed projects simultaneously or a large complex project and identifies key milestones and deliverables to ensure they are successfully executed within the defined schedule and budget objectives.
• Defines and documents the scope and objectives of the project in order to assure user satisfaction, acceptance and ownership of the project.
• Identify the project deliverables and objectives defining successful completion of the project.
• Conducts comprehensive status reviews of complex projects to ensure adherence to design and quality objectives. Monitors results against schedule and budget objectives. Recommends and leads corrective action activities as appropriate.
• Identifies and communicates the overall status, issues and risks of the project to the project team, sponsors, affected groups and CDS Global management team as appropriate.
• Executes a formal change control process for all assigned projects.
• Able to identify and manage the critical path for project completion.
• Establish, monitor, report and recommend appropriate actions for project budgets related to personnel, financial and other company resources to ensure they are effectively utilized to achieve goals of the project.
• Publishes and distributes the appropriate project documents and deliverables to project team members on a timely basis.
• Exercises effective risk mitigation practices and strategies by involving and leading the appropriate project team stakeholders.
• Schedules, leads and documents project team meetings on a regular basis to facilitate effective team communications.
• Provides training and guidance to Technical Project manager on essential functions and procedures.
• Submits status reports to Manager and others as requested/required.
• Works to assure user satisfaction, acceptance and ownership of project.
• Leads in the development of policies and procedures applicable to the practice of project management within the organization.
• Interacts in a cooperative and professional manner with employees, clients and/or vendors in team-oriented environment.
• Manage 3rd party vender activities to ensure they meet project requirements.
• Promotes a professional working relationship with clients and other departments within CDS Global.
• Continually learns and applies new information in fast-paced, dynamic technical environment.
• Follows all CDS Global ergonomic and safety policies.
• React to change and remain productive.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Travels occasionally as needed.
• Works on-call or extended hours when required or requested.
• Performs additional duties as required or requested.
EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION, SKILLS AND LICENSING
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, MIS, Computer Science or other business related four-year degree, or equivalent work experience.
• Five or more years of progressively complex project management/analysis experience.
• Consistent track record in the successful definition, management and execution of a variety of complex projects.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required.
• Advanced written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Advanced math and computer PC knowledge/skills.
• Proven ability to persuade and motivate others to accomplish project objectives.
• Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
• Ability to work cooperatively and professionally with a variety of individuals.
• Demonstrated successful experience making decisions on variety of tasks requiring discretion, judgment and initiative guided by general standards or procedures.
• Experience prioritizing and completing long/short term projects with little supervision.
• Experience documenting procedures for solving business problems.
• If required to travel, has access to transportation requiring a valid driver’s license, proof of safe driving record and active insurance.