NX CAD Designer (602975) at Zimmer US
Posted in Architecture 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Warsaw, Indiana
Under the direction of a project leader or graphic designer, responsible for creating and revising solid models and detail drawings using 3-Dimensional modeling tools. Responsible for the integrity of the computer-graphic products, process model databases, architectural prints, or factory layouts. These models must be suitable for internal concurrent manufacture, CAE evaluation, CMM data extraction, vendor translation, or architectural/mechanical reference.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Works simultaneously with all cross-functional engineers to create complex 3D surfaced or solid models of orthopedic devices. -OR- Create and maintain detailed drawings of mechanical systems, factory layouts, or architectural prints.
- Creates 2D specifications linked directly to the 3D model, with attention to company drafting standards.
- Develops casting, forging, and any other process models and drawings in partnership with process engineers and CNC programmers.
- Evaluates device designs using anatomic data.
- Creates various 2D and 3D deliverables for product managers and marketing communications.
- Performs complex 3D tolerance analysis ensuring proper fit and function.
- Manages a portion of the graphics maintenance workload.
- Complies with existing procedures and standards per the Quality Systems Regulations.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Demonstrated computer graphics skills applicable to product design
- Familiar with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), capable of applying GD&T callouts to drawings per ASME Y14.5, in cooperation with an engineer
- Product design innovation
- Adapts quickly to new technologies
- Ability to balance special assignments and maintenance responsibilities amidst the typical workload
- Capable of modifying existing Unigraphics models and drawings
- Translates design requirements into CAD deliverables at the direction of an engineer
- A two-year technical degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3D CAD experience required
- Medical Device experience preferred
- Up to 5%