Plumbing Trades Specialist I - Facilities & Services at West Virginia University
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
The Facilities Management unit of the Division of Facilities & Services at West Virginia University is seeking applications for three (3) Plumbing Trades Specialist I positions. Under the supervision of the Supervisor/Building Trades and Lead performs journeyman level pipefitting, steam fitting, maintenance, installation, and repair work as outlined by University guidelines. Shall provide guidance to staff as assigned.
In order to be successful in these positions, the ideal candidates will:
- Develops requisitions for parts, supplies, etc. from Warehouse and vendors, ensuring timely delivery and sequencing. Performs maintenance duties as assigned.
- Maintains and utilizes personal protective equipment when performing work or entering hazardous areas.
- Shall interpret blueprints and specifications; shall requisition parts, materials, and supplies from Warehouse for jobs as assigned; shall draw line drawings as required. Will also be responsible for tools and equipment used in the performance of duties. Shall leave work areas in a neat and orderly manner. Job duties are not to be considered so specific as to exclude any work which may cross tasks or other assigned duties.
- Installs, maintains, repairs, and overhauls steam distribution systems up to 250 PSI consisting of steam traps, pressure relief valves, condensate returns, expansion joints, steam rated valves, and pressure regulating valves. Also maintains and repairs coils and heat exchangers associated with the steam system.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs lavatory sinks, water closets, fire hydrants, sprinkler systems, domestic water, distilled water systems, sewage systems, and deionized water systems. This will include such fixtures as hot water tanks, water coolers, water filters, ice machines, dish machines, water treatment systems for cooling and heating water, training room equipment.
- Repairs, maintains, and installs high and low pressure gas systems such as compressed air, natural gas, nitrogen, oxygen, and gas fire extinguishing systems. Repairs, maintains, and installs vacuum systems for mechanical and laboratory use.
- Operates test equipment to inspect and diagnose piping systems, steam traps, heat exchangers, and valves. Operates hand tools and power equipment such as drain snake, grinder, drill press, pipe-threading machine, pipe cutters, power saw, brazing equipment, air compressor, and various other tools as needed.
- Must maintain safe working conditions in steam tunnels, trenches, manholes, ceiling space, crawl space, and other working areas utilizing safety devices such as harness, shoring for trench work, ventilation fans for pit and tunnel work, ground fault, and protective clothing when needed.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs chilled water and heating water distribution systems along with all associated valves, tanks, air bleeders, and coils.
- Shall operate equipment such as hole saws, reciprocating saws, concrete saws, and hammer drills to penetrate walls, beams, floors, and other barriers for the purpose of installing piping systems. Shall install proper supports and hangers for piping and fixtures to ensure safety.
- Shall remove non-asbestos insulation and lagging material from piping systems to ensure that proper diagnosis and repairs can be made. Shall also remove material in a manner that it may be reused is possible.
- May be required to move, load, and carry all materials and equipment necessary to complete all phases of assigned maintenance and construction projects. May be required to assist in the effort of moving any existing conditions which interfere with the flow of the project. When project is completed, work site must be left in a clean and orderly fashion. Must be able to respond during off hours to cover emergency situations.
- May be required to perform general maintenance duties in assisting other trades and operations. Performs other duties as assigned.
Pay Grade: 13, WVU provides competitive wages for its employees, and takes experience and related education into consideration when determining appropriate salary.
- Broad trade knowledge or specific technical education received from a formal apprentice or vocational training program of up to 18 months beyond high school in the piping or steam-fitting field.
- At least two (2) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of piping and steam distribution systems