Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Operators work a two-week cycle. 6:30pm-7:00am Rotating Schedule. Seasonal Rotating is 3-2-3 or 3-3
To serve our internal customers by ensuring that Blow Mold facility machines are set up and operated according to established company standards to achieve key performance indicators and to ensure that all warehouse goods (e.g. finished goods, raw materials) are loaded, unloaded and stored accurately and safely according to established company standards.
• Operates blow mold facility equipment (e.g. blowmolder, labeler, palletizer, conveyor, airveyor, wrapper) according to established company standards to ensure highest level of quality and efficiency; performs equipment
changeovers and ensures machines are set for correct specifications (e.g. package, flavor and mold size) and ensures the removal and proper return of materials and fulfillment of next flavor/package requirements; wraps and
tags pallets according to established standards.
• Monitors label splicing; assists in label inventory management and performs double checks on all raw materials and finished goods.
• Performs quality checks (e.g. burst, expansion, top load, section weights and finished goods visual inspections) and follows up to correct quality issues according to established standards; performs label application inspections
performing tear-offs to ensure proper adhesion.
• Unloads incoming goods (e.g. preforms, labels) from delivery trucks and trailers to storage area in the Warehouse and provides raw materials to the production line (e.g. preforms, labels); moves and loads finished goods according to established standards (e.g. goods being loaded, unloaded and stored safely, FIFO guidelines observed); ensures outbound loads are accurate and that preform and pallet dunnage is managed according to established guidelines.
• Troubleshoots manufacturing equipment to include the blowmolder, labelers, airveyor and palletizing equipment; evaluates equipment performance and anticipates issues to facilitate high efficiency and reduce downtime.
• Maintains cleanliness of work area (e.g. ensures labeler is clean, checks glue flow, vacuum drums, fills glue pot, cleans labeler parts on carts); recycles all materials, empties bins appropriately and refeeds bottles when possible
to reduce scrap and ensures that preform dunnage is managed and loaded according to standards for return; works as needed to clean equipment, production areas, labelers, blow molders and airveyor.
• Supports others in the department as directed by management (e.g. cross training in other positions to cover for lunches, vacations and other team member's absences from work, performing routine maintenance tasks and
assisting on equipment repairs and rebuilds).
• Communicates with co-workers and supervisor verbally regarding the status of work activities (e.g. critical work issues, quality, performance, raw materials, schedule and sanitation) and other information; supervisor regarding
questions or issues with daily assignments.
• Completes quality checks, time off requests and other required paperwork according to established standards.
• Adheres to all company policies, standards and procedures (e.g. OSHA and safety requirements, AIB and Pepsi standards, Federal/State/Local laws); wears all required personal protective equipment.
• Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as needed to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as required.
Education: High School Diploma, GED or equivalent degree required; trade or technical school diploma in electronics is strongly preferred.
Experience: 1-3 years of previous machine operator experience in food/beverage
/pharmaceutical manufacturing required. Previous quality control experience
Computer Skills: Must have basic computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Licenses: Forklift Certification required.