Electrical Engineer, Three Forks, MT at Oldcastle Materials Cement Holdings, Inc., DBA CRH US
Posted in Engineering 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Three Forks, Montana
CRH is a diversified building materials group which manufactures and distributes building material products from the fundamentals of heavy materials and elements to construct the frame, through value-added exterior products that complete the building envelope, to distribution channels which service construction fit-out and renewal. CRH employs approximately 76,000 people at 3,600 operating locations in 34 countries.
Position Responsibilities (key duties, scope of position, goals, expectations, skill requirements, and travel requirements):
• Self-starter / initiates action / highly motivated team player.
• Ensure employees observe safe work practices and perform work assignments within MSHA and Company established safety guidelines.
• Supervise, train, and develop electrical maintenance technicians to achieve departmental goals and in a manner that creates employee ownership.
• Prepare engineering scope of work and planning for plant electrical projects.
• Provide support to automation engineer on control system hardware and software applications.
• Assist with commissioning of new process control system and equipment installations.
• Perform/coordinate electrical design and development of new equipment and the modification of existing electrical equipment consistent with plant standards.
• Conduct economic and operational feasibility studies on proposed electrical modifications and additions Assist in maximizing equipment reliability at minimum maintenance cost.
• Participate in the creation and modification of preventative maintenance routines (PMRs) and bills of materials (BOMs) for electrical equipment.
• Perform/coordinate electrical condition-based monitoring techniques such as electrical motor diagnostics (EMD) and thermography.
• Perform follow-up analysis on critical equipment issues and maintain an in-depth knowledge on the condition of plant electrical equipment.
• Strong planning and organizational skills, and ability to translate technical information to non-technical users.
• Create requisitions, PM orders, and other associated SAP transactions to obtain required contractor services, equipment and supplies.
•Responsible for the modernization and automation of electrical/electronic control and monitoring systems and/or their components.
- Perform Electrical Supervisor duties as needed.
- Willing to be part of an on-call schedule, occasionally working some off hours as required.
- Assist in the development of specifications for vendor/contractor scope of work and capabilities; review and evaluate quotes and equipment in accordance with procurement specifications.
- Test, evaluate, and troubleshoot hardware and software applications to ensure efficient operation of control systems for manufacturing process, plant production methods, equipment performance, and product quality.
- Review all electrical documents for correctness and actualized installations; provide engineering direction to electrical designer/CAD operators for production of electrical drawings.
BS in Electrical Engineering strongly preferred, or a combination of education and experience to allow for immediate autonomy in performing position duties. Knowledge of Power Distribution, PLC programming, Control Systems, and Automation
Other Relates Experiences preferred:
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes is required; knowledge of the cement manufacturing process, electrical maintenance, and 3-5 years electrical project experience is preferred
- Experience in instrumentation, motors, starters and VFD’s, communication networks (Modbus, Modbus Plus, Ethernet, Allen Bradley Control Logix etc.) preferred.
- Understanding of control hardware, software and networks is preferred.
- Knowledge of predictive and preventive maintenance practices and implementation is preferred.
- Cement manufacturing experience or other related industrial manufacturing experience of 2 years preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- AutoCAD Knowledge, Microsoft Office, SAP (preferred).
- Hands on experience with installing and/or maintaining 5KV and 480/208/120 VAC power-distribution and control systems. This includes fundamental understanding of Switchgear, Motor Control Centers and the associated internal apparatuses/components.
- Experience with Power Distribution, Motor Power and Control, Instrumentation, PLC’s, Control loops, PID tuning, and electrical troubleshooting a must.
- Supervision experience is a plus; this position may take on a supervisory role.
CRH US and Oldcastle are divisions of CHR plc., we are proud to offer:
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH US / Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH US / Oldcastle family!
Join our Talent Community to receive an email newsletter with hot jobs & career advice. Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Oldcastle Materials is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.