Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Rincon, Georgia
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Savannah (GA) Procurement Operations has an immediate opening for a Senior Buyer at our facility in Rincon, Georgia, reporting to the Manager of Purchasing & Stores. The role is responsible for negotiating, purchasing and contracting equipment, materials and supplies from external vendors. The Sr. Buyer works with requestors to understand requirements including specifications, services, performance and timing. The individual is knowledgeable about national, regional and local contract agreements and assures compliance with applicable corporate and local policies and guidelines.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
· Analyzes vendor bid packages to ensure compliance to requirements and partners with requestor in determining total cost of ownership.
· Ensures compliance to all safety, purchasing, stores, and environmental policies and procedures.
· Responsible for annual spend between 10MM to $30MM. Individual works to build a strong partnership within their operating areas or commodity group to help drive process improvements and presents innovative solutions to recurring issues.
· Actively represents procurement and the facility operations on regional and national sourcing initiatives. Individual leads project teams across disciplines.
What You Will Need:
· Bachelor’s degree
· At least 3+ years’ procurement work experience
· Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead?
· Negotiations and contract experience
· Pulp & Paper Industry experience
· Working knowledge of MRP computer programs or similar systems
· Experience working with Purchasing/Inventory Management Software
· Experience working in a manufacturing, engineering or maintenance environment
Why Work For GP?
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf