Customer Support Analyst I at OCLC
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dublin, Ohio
You have a life. We like that about you.
At OCLC, we believe you'll do the best work of your life when you're living the best life possible.
We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
OCLC, a worldwide library services organization headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, is a leader in information technologies and innovative online services. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
- Troubleshoot support situations for users and library system administrators in a blended phone and email support environment, resolving or coordinating resolution for all requests presented.
- Document all support activity within the CSD CRM system to ensure accurate reporting and trend identification, and to help maintain a history that will facilitate ongoing troubleshooting activity for specific users.
- As needed, and with a variety of tools, remotely access the customer's server or workstation to identify and resolve complex problems involving the operating system, local configuration, server application and related services, or the server's environment and operating system.
- Discovers, researches, tests, and documents new, valuable support information in the CSD CRM system or product specific documentation to ensure that answers and solutions are consistent, accurate, and more readily available to users.
- Assist the corporation in understanding customer responses to specific product offerings and desires for product enhancements, so that OCLC can continue to improve the functionality and quality of its products/services.
- Provides actionable operational feedback to management that enables meaningful process and product improvement
- Participate in new product implementation activities to help ensure CSD support readiness and better product quality/usability. This includes independent technical, functional and quality testing, procuring or developing new facilities or systems needed for support, reviewing user documentation, creating support documentation, developing/executing staff training curriculum.
- Act as a liaison with other sections, departments, divisions, or organizations, so that OCLC users can rely on CSD to coordinate support efforts on their behalf as needed to provide solutions and answers.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a business or computer based discipline, or an equivalent academic/work experience combination. Master’s degree in a technical or library-related discipline preferred.
- Experience with technical and functional support/troubleshooting of complex online services, software, and systems.
- At least one year of experience providing functional troubleshooting/support for OCLC’s products and services.
- Experience resolving problems with local area networks, firewall/proxy servers, database servers, Internet/Web servers, and server operating systems.
- Demonstrated exceptional ownership and orientation toward customer service.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and influence other working groups.
- Ability to handle high stress situations effectively with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule in certain circumstances (as required: weekend install coverage, outages, training, etc.).