Mainframe Storage Engineer at First Data Corporation
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hagerstown, Maryland
First Data is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology solutions, serving more than six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in 118 countries around the world. Our 23,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 2,300 transactions per second and $1.9 trillion per year. First Data is committed to staying at the forefront of our industry, and we are innovating a wide range of next-generation commerce technology solutions to help our clients better detect fraud, gain insights into consumer spending patterns and build customer loyalty. There are many exciting opportunities for talented individuals who would like to join our team and play a meaningful role in helping us shape the future of global commerce.
First Data’s Product Development, Client Solutions and Technology functions are responsible for innovation and advancement of our technology solutions across all of our client segments, and make a critical contribution to ensuring that First Data retains its position as a leading technology innovator. Our Product Development teams are responsible for end-to-end ownership of the product life cycle. Our Client Solutions teams deliver global solutions and expertise that make commerce possible. Our Technology teams develop a wide range of applications and solutions that enable next-generation commerce and create the infrastructure of the global commerce ecosystem. They also ensure that our data remains secure through their work in cyber-security
Position Description Overview
Mainframe Storage Administration
- Responsible for management of mainframe storage.
- Support storage hardware - design solutions, installation, migration and ongoing management.
- Support storage software - implementations, upgrades, administration.
Scope of Job
Leads complex projects and issues within functional technical area and cross functional area. Coaches and leads less experienced IT staff. Provides leadership on projects.
Works independently with IT functional units and business units. Recommends strategies for technical aspects of projects as well as broad system improvements.
- 8+ yrs. of related technical experience.
- MS/BS or equivalent work experience.
- Expert in multiple operating systems and/or middleware technologies.
- Strong skills in mainframe storage administration – dfSMShsm, dfSMS, TSF, CA-1
- Intermediate skills in mainframe storage engineering – knowledge of mainframe DASD & Tape technology and replication solutions
- Strong Problem Diagnosis skills. Strong understanding of the basic diagnostic tools (CMF, SYSVIEW). Effectively work with vendors for problem resolution.
- Basic Assembler programming
- Intermediate project management skills
- Effective interpersonal skills, effective verbal and written communication skills
- 10+ years of related IT experience
- MS preferred or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent work experience and appropriate certifications
- IT Architecture
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.