Senior Director or Director, CFO Services - Interim Management at Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Years of Experience : 15+ years of progressive professional accounting and consulting experience with at least 5 years in a senior financial leadership position (Big Four public accounting experience a plus)
Location preference : Houston or Dallas
Degree Required : Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, or finance; CPA required
Position Summary: Alvarez & Marsal is looking for strong candidates with financial experience to join the Corporate Performance Improvement team. A&M enables CFOs to achieve substantial and sustained improvements in the quality, productivity and cost of Finance operations and serve as a more effective business partner.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience serving in CFO advisory and interim leadership capacities.
Serving in an interim management capacity the candidate will typically take on the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in the accounting and finance functions with responsibilities including financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, operational reporting, revenue management for billing and accounts receivable, audits, general fiduciary responsibilities for accounting operations, internal control structures, facilities and contract management in an entrepreneurial and growth-focused environment.
- At times will have responsibility for human resources, information technology and other corporate functions.
- Develop and direct all funding proposals and agreements; monitors financial indicators to support decision-making.
- Meet reporting requirements for all funding and contracting bodies.
- Oversee General Ledger functions; assure accuracy timeliness, and conformity with professional accounting standards and best practices.
- Liaison to external auditing firms.
- Prepare/oversee regular and specialized financial reporting for CEO and governing board, related to program performance, business plans and strategic opportunities.
- Oversee payroll and employee benefits processing. Liaison to health plan and benefits administrators; retirement fund plans, and other benefit or regulatory bodies related to employment and personnel benefits and entitlements.
- Leadership of the billing and collections process.
- Development of vendor relations including contracting, pricing and terms.
- Work with senior management to prepare budgets and ensure compliance.
- Manage, train and direct the efforts of a Finance Manager and Billing Coordinator on all aspects of accounting and finance work.
- Maintain other relations related to finance practices including with banks, payroll, vendors, and clients, as necessary.
- Manages all cash management and treasury issues. Manages all capital budgeting.
- Develop cost reduction and other improvement opportunities and implement in partnership with company management.
- Collaborate and contribute to Senior Leadership Team and BOD to improve overall company performance.
- Oversee and manage job economics.
- Identify sales leads.
Skills necessary :
- Experience in working with financial sponsors - lenders and equity - and related reporting and communications
- Ability to foster a strong, cohesive working team providing hands-on support and strong delegation and leadership skills
- Systems implementation/integration experience is highly desirable
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP
- Strong finance related software skills and ERP systems
- Exceptional business acumen
- Ability to build credibility and trust with all internal and external stakeholders
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Comfortable with travel
No phone calls or agencies please.
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.