Manager, CFO Services - Finance and Accounting at Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Alvarez & Marsal is looking for strong candidates with financial experience to join the Corporate Performance Improvement team. A&M enables CFOs to achieve substantial and sustained improvements in the quality, productivity and cost of Finance operations and serve as a more effective business partner.
The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Accounting and finance processes
- Operational performance improvement
- Finance strategy design and deployment
- Organization and finance function effectiveness
- Finance and accounting management
- Cost management
- Integrated performance management
- Internal controls and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
- Financial reporting, including SEC reporting - management reporting
- External audit processes
The practice provides accounting services to clients who are experiencing accounting and financial reporting challenges. In certain instances this will include assuming interim management roles, while others may include managing projects such as improving closing processes, facilitating the completion of (but not performing) audits, restatements, systems and process improvements, merger integration and similar finance and accounting organization improvement initiatives.
- Assist in the planning and execution project phases, and supervise others as necessary to ensure the following: coordinating work efforts with the client; completion of defined deliverables; adherence to project milestones and timelines; communication of progress to all parties (internal and external); and managing team members, as necessary
- Billing and collections of fees and expenses
- Provide service excellence by identifying key client business issues
- Determine client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches
- Evaluate and validate analysis and develop recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement
- Implement and oversee the quality of deliverables
- Effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance
- Participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities
- 5-12 years of relevant consulting, public accounting or industry experience
- Oil and gas experience a plus
- Prior Big 4 experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, or finance; MBA a plus
- CPA required
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Comfortable with travel
No phone calls or agencies please.
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.