Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting at Viavi Solutions
Posted in General Business 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Viavi Solutions has been pioneering solutions to enhance communication technologies for almost 100 years. We help our customers around the world optimize and maintain many of the world’s largest and most complex networks. Behind all the data that moves around the globe, are Viavi employees that see the big picture and who can untangle the complexities of global networks.
Our employees are also at the forefront of optical security – we bend light to develop and deliver optical solutions that provide security to the world’s currencies and safety and performance applications for consumer electronics and spectrometry.
This is what Viavi employees are called to do on a daily basis. In order to best enable our customers’ success, we rely on people who see opportunity where others see challenges; people who enjoy collaborating with a diverse range of peers and look for workarounds when their first (or second) attempts don’t work.
Come work with us, where we’ll celebrate your unique expertise, drive and passion.
Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting
Viavi is looking for a talented, highly motivated individual to join its financial reporting team as a senior analyst specifically focused on technical accounting, SEC and internal management reporting. We are looking for a creative and confident self-starter who is a team player, but also comfortable working autonomously.
The candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) to establish credibility and facilitate an effective working relationship with a wide range of Company representatives including the Company’s leadership team. Other critical skills include sound business judgment, calibrating advice and strategy based on the company’s risk tolerance, strong organization and prioritization/time management skills, attention to detail, strategic thinking, goal and team orientation, and the ability to develop relationships with a variety of people at different levels and functions throughout the Company. This is very much a “hands on” accounting role with interaction with different departments (accounting operations, tax, legal, investor relations, FP&A, and treasury) and a high level of visibility within the organization.
· Help the Company’s financial reporting process, including external quarterly and annual reporting SEC filings (Form 10-Q, 10-K), earnings release reporting (Form 8-K, supplemental slides, and script review), other SEC filings (e.g. Form 8-K, Proxy), quarterly audit committee and board reporting materials and other ad-hoc reporting as required.
· Help manage the process of actively updating and maintaining accounting policies and working closely with process owners to update policy to reflect or improve process and ensure compliance with GAAP;
· Help the technical accounting function except for revenue and taxes. Perform technical research on complex accounting issues, including drafting memos and position papers, and provide accounting consultation advice to business partners under US GAAP;
· Process manage equity administration function which is being outsourced to a third party vendor.
· Prepare month- and quarter-end close activities for specific accounting areas;
· Strong understanding and application of US GAAP on all major accounting areas, especially around goodwill and intangibles impairment assessment, pension and business combination; specifically around valuation of goodwill/intangibles and purchase price accounting.
· Assist with mergers and acquisitions, including financial due diligence, divestitures as needed;
· Maintain adequate controls to ensure the accuracy and completeness of internal and external reports.
· Interface effectively with numerous individuals both inside and outside the Company, including the external auditors, to address and resolve accounting issues.
· Remain current with new technical accounting standards, particularly those that impact financial reporting.
Viavi believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions should be recognized and rewarded. Along with the chance to “make things no one else can” (our employees’ words), we provide a competitive compensation and benefits programs to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
If you have what it takes to push boundaries and see opportunities, apply to join our team today.
Viavi Solutions is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.