Retail Dining Team Leader V - West Lafayette - Starbucks / Third Street Suites at Purdue University
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
Ensure all retail operations run according to set standards including customer service, food standards, and cleanliness. Assist supervisor in store operations to possibly include: financial, record keeping, hiring, training, quality, service, store operating standards and procedures, planning food production, ordering, stocking and merchandising, inventory, scheduling, heath and safety issues, cash handling procedures, opening procedures, closing procedures, and emergency procedures. Perform food preparation/baking, handle orders, operate cash register, wash dishes and cookware, assist in caterings as needed, and participate in general day to day operations. Maintain effective communication with customers, employees, and supervisors.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of food service production experience. An equivalent combination of culinary education and related food and/or retail experience will be considered.
- ServSafe certified or ability to obtain certification with university assistance within one year of beginning employment.
- Stable work history with a good attendance record.
- Must have high work standards and productivity, strong interpersonal and intercultural skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, co-workers, and customers.
- Ability to perform basic math functions, lift and move up to 60 pounds, climb ladders, and stand, walk, reach and stoop extensively.
- Knowledge of sanitation requirements.
- Ability to meet daily deadlines.
- Teamwork, particularly with individuals from different viewpoints and backgrounds.
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and email.
- Supervisory experience.
- The hours for this position are Monday - Friday, 6:00am - 2:30pm.
- Overtime is based on business need.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A Background Check will be required for employment in this position.
- ALL applicants must apply via Purdue's online recruitment system. No other applications/resumes will be accepted.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: PERF/Non-Exempt Defined Contribution Plan.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.