Emergency and Critical Care Technologist - West Lafayette - Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital at Purdue University
Posted in General Business 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
Provide technical support in the Small Animal emergency and critical care sections, including the Animal Emergency Service of the Veterinary Teaching Hospital. Provide instruction to veterinary and veterinary technology students and interns/residents, as well as assist with new ECC staff orientation and training. Perform various types of clinical services. Monitor inventory/supplies and order when necessary. Perform record keeping tasks, including patient records. Assist staff clinicians with various research projects. May be scheduled in other areas of the hospital if the need arises.
- Associate degree or Bachelor's degree from an AVMA accredited Veterinary Technology program.
- Candidates must be registered in Indiana within twelve (12) months.
- Ability to work under pressure in emergency situations.
- Good oral/written communication skills; ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to handle the physical and emotional aspect of work in a veterinary hospital environment.
- Ability to lift and carry 25-50 pounds frequently and 60 pounds occasionally.
- Teaching and computer experience.
- Experience in a veterinary practice or veterinary teaching hospital.
- Emergency or critical care experience.
- Workday will consist of 8 - 10 hours, totaling 40 hours per work week. Shifts will rotate and may include days, nights and weekends. Shift rotation will occur every 2 - 4 months.
- Will also participate in holiday coverage rotation consisting of 12 hours shifts, and after hours on-call for evenings and weekends.
- Minimum possible starting wage rate is $15.00/hr. Pay commensurate with experience and education.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime).
- Retirement Eligibility: PERF/Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.