Web Designer at CDS Global US
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Austin, Texas
Under general direction, creates the look, layout, and features of a website. The job involves understanding both graphic design and application development.
• Maintains confidentiality of CDS Global and its clients’ proprietary information.
• Produces web optimized design, graphics for e-commerce web applications.
• Ability to incorporate various levels of web design specifications into a functional web design. Receives, interprets, and incorporates requirements to meet client web design needs.
• Works with product management and the development team to obtain information and understanding of the client’s web design needs and requirements. Incorporates needs and requirements into web design.
• Creates interface designs, wire-frames, prototypes and functional code, e.g., (HTML, CSS, Java, Java Script).
• Ensures web site usability.
• Continually grows skill set in new and emerging technologies.
• Designs effective visual user interfaces across multiple devices including mobile and tablet.
• Works with extended teams. Obtains required information to understand requirements, offer solutions, and deliver value in a timely manner.
• Organizes tasks and resources to complete work and meet deadlines according to established departmental procedures.
• Interacts in cooperative and professional manner with employees, clients and/or vendors in team-oriented environment.
• Follows all CDS Global ergonomic and safety policies.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Occasionally works extended hours.
• Performs additional duties as required or requested.
EDUCATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION, SKILLS AND LICENSING
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree with Graphic Design emphasis or equivalent education. Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for the minimum education requirement.
• Two or more years of work-related experience in web page, web site design, and web authoring tools.
• Demonstrated successful experience in Adobe CS6.
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient math skills.
• Excellent PC/Mac knowledge and skills to use electronic mail, create and modify files and spreadsheets and documents, perform internet research and develop spreadsheet scripts.