Gage Lab Technician at Schaeffler Group
Posted in General Business 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Joplin, Missouri
Schaeffler , a global automotive and industrial supplier, is seeking a Gage Lab Technician on 2nd shift for the Joplin, MO campus. This position provides Metrology support to the Joplin Production facility.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform calibration and maintain records for measurement masters and gauges.
- Acquire outside sources as needed to calibrate equipment that is outside of the lab's primary scope.
- Verify accreditation and maintain documentation of outside sources for calibration.
- Issue and recall of all masters and gauges.
- Maintain lab equipment and verify accuracy of equipment.
- Assist in purchase of new or replacement gauges and equipment.
- Order and maintain inventory for repair parts and supplies.
- Ensures appropriate gauging methods are used for obtaining required accuracy on measurements.
- Maintain Gauge R&R system.
- Perform clock or indicator repairs.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on gauge fixtures.
- Develop and design new gauging.
- Assist in developing systems in lab areas.
- Required to follow all company safety, ergonomic and environmental policies and procedures.
- Maintain lab environment in clean and orderly manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Qualified applicants will have:
High School Education or GED and one year certificate from college or technical school; 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Experience with Microsoft Office. Proficient in blueprint reading. Ability to work and understand measuring equipment & gages. Understanding of capability studies. Must be self-directed and have experience with making quality and production decisions.
Schaeffler is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans