Technical Support Analyst (Student Laptop Program Support Technician) - West Lafayette - Veterinary Administration at Purdue University
Posted in General Business 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
This Technical Support Analyst position will support the student laptop program and educational activities in the College. He/She will assist in selecting the device to be used in the program, work with the vendor to create a standard image for the devices, and provide direct support to the students, faculty, and staff using the devices. This position will also assist in testing educational content created for use on the devices. This position will also assist in providing classroom support, electronic examination support, and other computer support.
- Associate's degree in Computer Technology or related field.
- Two years of experience installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting hardware and software issues on PC's in an educational or corporate environment.
- In lieu of degree, consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of related education and required work experience.
- A strong working knowledge of PC hardware and software installation and maintenance, Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex IT problems and audio/visual equipment.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and be customer service oriented.
- Ability to lift and carry 25-50 pounds frequently and 60 pounds occasionally.
- Valid US or Canadian driver's license
- Experience with Apple/Mac products.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.