Business Manager & Statewide Fund Accountant - West Lafayette - Business Office Technology at Purdue University
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
Provide effective and efficient financial management and business services to Polytechnic Statewide campuses across the state and ROTC or other departments within Polytechnic. Complete annual line item fund balance reconciliation and work with central office contacts to maintain cash reconciliation. Maintain long-term financial forecasts. Assist with other detailed college financial analyses as needed. Collaborate with statewide directors, Associate Dean and faculty/staff and business office colleagues to design, implements, and manage current processes and new initiatives. Ensure the ongoing financial health of units while assisting unit leaders with the alignments of resources with departmental, college and university strategic priorities. Provide proper interpretation of University, Federal, and sponsoring agency policies and procedures. Authorize and approve business activities and financial transactions.
For more information about Business Management at Purdue, please visit: http://www.purdue.edu/business/bs-ba/
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Management, Finance or related.
- Three years' experience in accounting or closely related.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, planning, leadership, budgeting, financial analysis, problem-solving, organizational, project management, and customer service skills.
- Ability to influence and build strong working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and implement University policies and procedures.
- Ability to foster a participatory supervisory style that utilizes collaboration and teamwork to successfully guide the work of others.
- Learning orientation toward changing technology impacting business processes.
- Proficient in following software: Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Valid US or Canadian driver's license.
- Working knowledge of SAP and/or Purdue accounting practices and procedures.
- This position will require an average of 3-4 travel days per month to statewide locations.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check is required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.