Account Clerk IV - West Lafayette - College of Health and Human Sciences at Purdue University
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
Assist in the daily operations management for the Hospitality Tourism and Management business office and perform Account Clerk duties (e.g. reconciles income, cash handling, inventory reporting, travel, and procurement). Serves as a backup cashier for Foodservice operations and trains other cashiers on their duties and responsibilities.
This posting represents two openings:
One Full Time 40 hours / week position (located in HTM)
One Part Time 30 hours / week position (located in SLHS)
- High school diploma / GED
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Auditing skills to check for completeness and accuracy of University forms, reports and other documents
- Customer service focused individual with exceptional interpersonal skills who is able to effectively influence and build work relationships among diverse personalities and backgrounds
- Leadership skills with the ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment.
- Strong organizational ,planning and time management skills with emphasis on producing quality work, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to handle interruptions, balance and prioritize multiple and varied tasks/ workload and meet deadlines
- Highly motivated individual who will take initiative to grasp opportunities to solve problems, explore capabilities to enhance productivity, make sound judgments and assume responsibility
- Committed individual to professional standards in any situation, representing the University with tact and diplomacy while observing confidential information with discretion
- Creative, thorough and able to identify and determine problems, analyze information, draw conclusions, adapt to change and take independent action
- Working knowledge to interpret and explain University policies and procedures , as well as Federal and State policies and procedures for faculty and staff
- A valid US or Canadian Driver's license is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- University Account Clerk or clerical business office experience
- This posting represents two openings, (One) 40 hour/week and (One) 30 hour/week position.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment related visa for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt (Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Non-exempt Defined Contribution Plan
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.