Escrow SupervisorTempe, AZ at Computershare
Posted in General Business 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Job Description ESCROW SUPERVISOR
At Specialized Loan Servicing (SLS), we are an industry leader in mortgage servicing solutions for the financial services and investment banking industries. As part of Computershare - the world's largest stock transfer agent-we have grown rapidly in Colorado and Arizona to meet the evolving needs of our clients.
Computershare (ASX: CPU) is the world's largest stock transfer agent that has pioneered many of the securities industry's innovations to help companies build and maintain strong relationships with their investors, employees and customers. For more than 35 years, we have grown rapidly in markets around the world to meet the evolving needs of our 16,000 clients.
Lead staff and manage processes and vendors within the Escrow Department, to include Escrow Analysis; Property Tax tracking, research and disbursements; Hazard, Flood, and Wind Insurance tracking, research and disbursements; Mortgage Insurance tracking, research, disbursements, and cancellations/terminations; Insurance Claims Funds tracking, research and disbursements; and Insurance Claims Filings.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for coordinating with third party outsourcing companies and holding them accountable to contractual obligations related to paying all tax and insurance bills timely, ensuring adequate coverage is held on all properties, ensuring lender-placed policies and procedures are followed properly, and ensuring all Investor guidelines are followed.
- Lead a team of Escrow employees, to include coaching; training; writing and monitoring goals and objectives; writing and delivering performance reviews; employee scheduling and approval of work time; interview, hire, discipline, and terminate employees based on company policies; and ensuring employees adhere to company and department policies and procedures.
- Assign work to employees; monitor the progress to ensure work is completed on time and audit to ensure work is in compliance with policies and procedures; and measure and report each employee's and the team's quality and productivity results.
- Manage daily interactions with internal departments, vendors, and Investors to resolve escalated issues; implement new processes; and identify process gaps, and recommend and implement efficiency improvements; coordinate special projects; complete rating agency questionnaires and audits, Investor audits, and internal audits. Work with internal and outside counsel to resolve intricate and time sensitive litigation issues.
- Implement aspects of the operational Escrow duties and Escrow risk management framework, including risk and control self-assessments, operational risk events, key risk indicators, and key performance indicators. Work with the business units to administer the self-assessment of operational risk and internal controls. Identification and/or resolution of risk issues impacting the business, including conducting special risk assessments, as needed. Implement reporting and exception reporting in a continually changing environment. Performing root cause analyses on identified risk events. Develop and monitor the implementation of action plans to address key risks.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Must possess time management and organization skills to effectively prioritize multiple objectives and achieve volume goals.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational, problem solving and presentation skills and ability to communicate and present at all levels, to both internal and external parties.
- Intermediate to advanced personal computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office/Windows based applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Access.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- Ability to perform detailed research and follow through to completion.
- Strong problem solving, data collection, analysis and decision making skills.
- Ability to work effectively under daily and monthly deadlines while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of all aspects of Escrow Accounts in compliance with the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA); the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB); the Homeowners Protection Act (HPA); National Flood Insurance Reform Act (NFIRA); Flood Disaster Protection Act (FDPA); National Flood Insurance Act (NFIA); Biggert-Waters Flood Insurance Reform Act; Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE-16); Gramm-Leach Bliley Act; Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP); the Fannie Mae Servicing Guide; and other Federal and State regulations pertaining to mortgage servicing.
- Minimum 3 years of Mortgage Banking experience.
- Minimum 2 years of management within a deadline oriented environment.
Ability to read/comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; write simple correspondence; effectively present information in one-on-one/small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee may occasionally have reason to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close and distant vision.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by business needs and communicated by their supervisor.