Field Service Technician II at Regal Beloit
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Regal is a global leading manufacturer of efficient electric and mechanical motion control and power generation products with annual sales close to $4 Billion. We are innovative, dynamic, and acquisitive organization with traditional values and high integrity. Intelligent, creative, and determined people have made us who we are today.We recognize that hiring and developing talent is a key element in our continued growth. We are looking for people with high energy, ambition and commitment to performance excellence. If you are looking for a business environment where people treat each other with mutual respect and dignity and each employee can make a difference and grow with organization, Regal is the company for you. Join us to help the world run more efficiently! Regal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, citizenship status (unless required by the applicable law or government contract), disability or protected veteran status or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Regal is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
This position provides technical support to customers and engineers, on site or in the field, on a variety of complex technical tasks. Field Service Technicians gather, maintain, format and analyze technical data to affect the repair and maintenance of power electronic equipment. This position provides technical support to customers and engineers, on site or in the field, on a variety of complex technical tasks. Field Service Technicians gather, maintain, format and analyze technical data to affect the repair and maintenance of power electronic equipment.
- Installs, maintains, repairs, overhauls, troubleshoots, modifies and tests various types of electrical, electronic and/or mechanical equipment and related devices using various test equipment.
- Test product to determine nature of problem and replace parts, components or perform adjustments as necessary.
- Provide technical support to engineers, on site or field, on a variety of complex technical tasks.
- Builds, develops and maintains productive relationships with clients and vendors while maintaining a high level of quality technical service.
- Gather, maintain, format and analyze technical data, such as laboratory or material test results and engineering design changes.
- Produce engineering documentation, reports and drawings. Conduct tests and record data.
- Perform calculations and interpret results.
- Understands and interprets general electrical & mechanical drawings.
- Applies general technical knowledge of electronic principles in order to put equipment in operational condition and solve problems.
- Understand and adhere to company and industry safety principles and policies
Minimum Qualifications :
- Associate's or technical degree required.
- 2 years of experience with electrical and mechanical functions in a service environment (preferably field service).
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical support to customers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong technical skills related to electrical engineering and power electronics
- Familiarity with power electronic equipment including low and medium voltage switchgear, soft starters and VFDs.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening) and the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse group of professionals
- Ability to work independently and consistently meet deadlines
- Availability and willingness to work hours as needed to meet critical deadlines
- Solid time management skills
- Strong commitment to customer service and teamwork