Sales Execution Associate Manager at Mars, Incorporated
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, New Jersey
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
The Perfect Store Associate Manager is responsible for providing field and HQ sales teams a frame work to improve their physical availability at the point of purchase through implementation of the Global Perfect Store program, in collaboration with Category Management and Customer Marketing.
- Align and coordinate local resources for overall Perfect Store local market delivery
- Collaborate with manager to establish local market timelines, resource requirements and budgets.
- Own facilitation of local Perfect Store stakeholders meeting, with focus on retail, category management, and customer marketing.
- Own schedule and agenda for regular stakeholder meetings.
- Partner with stakeholders to support successful delivery of Perfect Store within local market.
- Provide Perfect Store updates to local market leadership at key project milestones and advise of key decision outcomes as necessary.
- Drive awareness, understanding and deployment of Perfect Store programs, providing activation support and ensuring sufficient in-market plans, timelines, targets and metrics for local delivery.
- Embed Perfect Store capabilities and greater enterprise customer centricity within local market by identifying optimal training approaches and assisting local champions in project management and/or training activities as needed.
- Develop tools and measures to monitor Perfect Store progress locally, analyze market results and identify course-correcting actions as appropriate stakeholders.
The Perfect Store Associate Manager is responsible for the activation of Mars Incorporated’s Global Perfect Store in-store physical availability framework within his/her local market. The successful candidate will work in close partnership with local Sales leadership to lead cross functional partners and establish priorities and timelines for the project to deliver a high impact Perfect Store playbook for local market deployment. The Perfect Store Associate Manager will be responsible for facilitating a cross-functional working group and demonstrating strong planning, market knowledge, and technical skills to implement the multiple elements of Perfect Store on time.
Specifically, the Perfect Store Associate Manager will drive Perfect Store activation by focusing against A.M.P.S (Assortment, Merchandising, Pricing, and Shelving) activation in both the Account HQ and Field Sales retail settings.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years work experience with Field Sales, Head Quarter Sales, Category Management, or Customer Marketing (preferably 2 of 4)
- Demonstrated success in customer facing roles, including development of mutually beneficial in-store activation plans
- In-store merchandising and activation experience
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead others to deliver mutually beneficial solutions.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Category, Merchandising and In-Store knowledge
- Frequent user of Nielsen Scan
- Strong Administrative Skills
- Demonstrated intellectual horsepower
Key Functional Competencies & Technical Skills:
- Ability to create and use fact-based, insight driven category selling stories
- Sales Operations - relevant systems, data & tools experience
- Presentation skills, including comfort with higher management and customer presentations – Preferred
- Synthesis and analytical skills - Preferred
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.