Operations Process Engineer at Schreiber Foods
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Richland Center, Wisconsin
Company Description - Schreiber Foods has grown from a single production facility in Green Bay, WI to a $5+ billion global enterprise and one of the largest dairy companies in the world. We make cream cheese, natural cheese, process cheese and yogurt and sell them to leading retailers, restaurants, distributors and food manufacturers around the world.
Our Culture - We call ourselves partners rather than employees because were all partnering together to increase company value. Every day, we come to work knowing the choices we make, the ideas we initiate and the problems we solve will make a difference. This gives us a sense of pride in everything we do because were striving to be the best customer-brand dairy company in the world. We're successful because we live our values of caring, partnership and ownership each and every day.
Who are we looking for? Were looking for individuals to help us achieve our vision to be the best customer-brand dairy company in the world. If you describe yourself as an honest, trustworthy, caring, energetic, results-oriented, customer-focused, disciplined, forward-looking individual who fosters a sense of ownership, inspires others and wants to continuously improve and learn, you may be a great fit for Schreiber.
Qualifying Positions Will Offer:
- A 401(k) plan with a generous employer match. Schreibers plan administrator recognized our plan as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Quarterly bonuses. Through our pay-for-performance program, partners have an opportunity to earn a cash bonus every 90 days based on the companys success.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Future professional growth and opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
The Operations Process Engineer will lead and drive the efforts of Continuous Improvement and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) for any plant process to include process and natural cheese products, Cream Cheese or Yogurt. Driving process standardization and equipment standardization (where appropriate). Duties include planning, organizing, training, coaching, troubleshooting, evaluation, monitoring, technical support and the constant creation of business initiatives to reduce cost and improve quality.
Duties of the role include:
- Develop Schreiber Foods Culture Train, coach, evaluate and reinforce Continuous Improvement principles with partners and Team Members
- Lead efforts in improving cost and quality initiatives by utilizing Six Sigma type efforts
- Work with Plant Leadership in identifying and communicating customer requirements and updating process controls to reflect best practices
- Be knowledgeable of various government regulations that must be complied with, i.e., OSHA, USDA, FDA, EPA, EEOC, OFCCP, etc.
- Through the use of problem solving methods and the use of quality tools to identify and make process improvements effectively train and mentor team members in the various aspects of Continuous Improvement (green belt training, statistical management etc.) and monitor the performance of these improvements
- Be involved in the learning and functioning of the daily operational challenges and understanding the core functions of the business and the core equipment utilized as well as products produced
- Work with the Plant Manager, Team Leaders and Team Advisors in identifying potential capital improvements assisting with analysis and justification for these projects
- Together with the leadership team, ensures compliance with Food Safety and Food Quality Plans, in addition to customer requirements. Interprets and communicates customer requirements to plant production and/or support groups. Establishes and Audits PCPs, CCPs and Standard Operating Procedures to define and monitor processes, to ensure customer requirements are met. Reviews incidents during which the procedures are not met, and determines appropriate corrective action for partners failing to follow standard procedures.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years or work experience in Engineering
- Formal Lean, Six Sigma Training
- Black Belt certified strongly preferred, green belt minimum
- Other responsibilities such as teaching training classes, special projects, plant tours, etc.
- Technical Competency - Six Sigma, DMAIC, Lean, Kaizen/Work-Out and change Management
- Experience in and of the Automotive, Military, Aerospace, chemical and medical systems
- High Volume continuous process flow experience
- Proven completion of manufacturing related projects with demonstrated success and financial results
- Proficiency in Window, Minitab, Excel, PPT, Word and simulation software
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- DFSS knowledge or experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to facilitated cross-functional teams and build strong working relationships
How To Apply:
If you're interested in joining a growing, team-oriented organization of more than 7,000 partners worldwide, please apply today through the links provided on this site or by visiting the Schreiber Foods Career Opportunity Page.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.