Operations Process Engineer at Schreiber Foods
Posted in Engineering 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Company Description - Schreiber Foods has grown from a single production facility in Green Bay, WI to a $5+ billion global enterprise and one of the largest dairy companies in the world. We make cream cheese, natural cheese, process cheese and yogurt and sell them to leading retailers, restaurants, distributors and food manufacturers around the world.
Our Culture - We call ourselves partners rather than employees because were all partnering together to increase company value. Every day, we come to work knowing the choices we make, the ideas we initiate and the problems we solve will make a difference. This gives us a sense of pride in everything we do because were striving to be the best customer-brand dairy company in the world. We're successful because we live our values of caring, partnership and ownership each and every day.
Who are we looking for? Were looking for individuals to help us achieve our vision to be the best customer-brand dairy company in the world. If you describe yourself as an honest, trustworthy, caring, energetic, results-oriented, customer-focused, disciplined, forward-looking individual who fosters a sense of ownership, inspires others and wants to continuously improve and learn, you may be a great fit for Schreiber.
Qualifying Positions Will Offer:
- A 401(k) plan with a generous employer match. Schreibers plan administrator recognized our plan as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Quarterly bonuses. Through our pay-for-performance program, partners have an opportunity to earn a cash bonus every 90 days based on the companys success.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Future professional growth and opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program
The Operations Process Engineer will lead and drive the efforts of Continuous Improvement and Overall Equipment Effectiveness. Responsibilities include planning, organizing, training, coaching, troubleshooting, evaluation, monitoring, technical support and the constant creation of business initiatives to reduce cost and improve quality.
Duties of the role include:
- Develop Schreiber Foods Culture Train, coach, evaluate, and reinforce Continuous Improvement principles with partners and Team Members.
- Lead efforts in improving cost and quality initiatives by utilizing Six Sigma type efforts.
- Be aware of and involved in resolving daily operational challenges and understanding the core functions of the business, equipment, and products.
- Work with the Leadership Team in identifying potential capital improvements; assist with analysis and justification for these projects.
- Together with the Leadership Team, ensures compliance with Food Safety and Food Quality Plans, in addition to customer requirements. Identifies and communicates customer requirements and updates process controls to reflect best practices.
Exciting opportunities. New challenges every day. A chance to make a difference -- and work with great people. That's life at Schreiber Foods.
Take the next step in your career by applying your knowledge and skills at Schreiber... where you'll experience more opportunities, more rewards, more teamwork and be an essential ingredient in the companys success.
To learn more about Schreiber Foods, please visit our website at www.schreiberfoods.com.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum 2 years of continuous improvement experience in the field or in a related area
- Lean Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt or Black Belt level) strongly preferred
- Technical Competency - Six Sigma, DMAIC, Lean, Kaizen and Change Management
- Proven completion of manufacturing related projects with demonstrated success and financial results
- Proficiency in Windows, Minitab, Excel, PPT, Word and simulation software
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to facilitated cross-functional teams and build strong working relationships
- Internal partners: Minimum 2 years of experience in current role
How To Apply:
If you're interested in joining a growing, team-oriented organization of more than 7,000 partners worldwide, please apply today through the links provided on this site or by visiting the Schreiber Foods Career Opportunity Page.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.