Chubb Associate - Staff Accountant at Chubb
Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Staff Accountant reports to the Manager of Global Casualty Finance and performs a variety of tasks including:
• Reconcile general ledger accounts to supporting documentation
• Assist with interim SOX testing and documentation
• Investigate and resolve suspense items
• Prepare and record accounting journal entries
• Support day to day functions in Chubb Global Casualty
• Perform ad hoc analysis of accounting transactions, operational performance and balance sheet accounts
• Complete special projects as required
This position offers a chance to experience the working environment of a broadly diversified global insurance and reinsurance provider that has a culture of excellence and remarkable growth potential. For the individual who is naturally analytical and enjoys challenging assignments, we are offering the opportunity for a promising future that comes with working for an industry leader.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with a major in Accounting or Finance
- Excellent computer skills with an ability to learn accounting and insurance policy software
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to work independently
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience required
- Proven problem solving skills
Required Personal Skills:
- Team player with customer service orientation
- Professional attitude, appearance and demeanor
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership experience in an academic or business setting
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Demonstrates integrity and dedication
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.