Technical Sales Consultant 3 (Government) at AT&T
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Location: Vienna, VirginiaJob Description:
As part of the sales team, this position provides technical sales support for AT&T Public Sector Solutions customers to ensure successful customer integration and implementation of Wireline, Wireless and IT Products/Services. Collaborates and contributes to unit sales plan through a diverse scope of pre-sales and/or post-sales technical consulting activities requiring complex solutions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities: This position consults on technical issues during joint sales call with the sales team.
- Responsibilities include consulting with customers, selling and supporting company products and systems.
- Works on complex problems and solutions where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Position provides technical expertise in sales presentations, product demonstrations, and installation and maintenance of company products to ensure that the system is functioning according to specifications.
- Answers customer inquiries concerning system software and applications and provides system development and consultation to prospective users for complex solutions.
- Understands, develops, and delivers systems/applications solutions to customers business, information, technical and educational needs.
- The consultant analyzes practices, procedures, and data to determine answers to technical issues.
- This position demonstrates a full working knowledge of assigned company products and services.
- Assignment may be at customer site, remote response center, corporate location or other site.
- Requires seasoned in-depth knowledge of functional/process area and considered a subject matter expert.
- Consultant creates recommendations, and implements new methods, techniques, and/or procedures for complex solutions with diverse scope. Consultant is typically viewed as a mentor or coach.
- This is position is on sales compensation.
Education: Typically requires a bachelor’s degree.
Experience: Typically requires 5 - 10 years of experience in engineering or sales.
Must be able to attain a Public Trust Security Clearance
Desired areas of expertise include knowledge of AT&T’s Strategic Services (including VPN, MRS, Cloud and Security) products, processes, systems, and personnel. Must have knowledge of Cisco and other IP Networking equipment vendor offerings. Must be able to work collaboratively with Federal Government Customers, AT&T Sales, AT&T Programs, and AT&T Product teams to attain success in a complex and ever-changing environment.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V