System Administrator Senior (Government) at AT&T
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Location: Oakton, VirginiaJob Description:
The Sr. Network Engineer position is in direct support of enterprise Operations and Maintenance (O&M team responsible for a very large and complex network infrastructure.
- The position requires a wide and deep level of up-to-date knowledge in network engineering, with the ability to complete very difficult and complex assignments. The successful candidate will be expected to help bridge the gap between Engineering and O&M, transitioning Tier 2 support for new systems from Engineering to O&M.
- The successful candidate will be expected to develop, refine and document repeatable processes as well as formulate a plan for bringing a large scale network into security compliance.
- The position also involves working with other Network Engineers to design, install, configure, and support an organization’s complex wide area network (WAN) and maintain network hardware and software.
- The position includes monitoring the network at a service assurance level to ensure network availability to all system users and performing necessary maintenance to support network availability
Typical responsibilities include:
- Maintain the network hardware and software and monitor the network to ensure network availability to all system users
- Perform the necessary maintenance to support network availability
- Perform installations, upgrades, support and problem resolution for mainly Linux based operating systems
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Network or Systems Engineering, Information Systems or extensive and proven experience in network engineering positions;
- 8+ years of Network Engineering experience with increasingly complex responsibilities during the time period;
- 1+ year of Juniper experience;
- 2+ years of experience establishing and troubleshooting VPNs;
- Knowledge and experience with policy-based routing;
- 2+ years of VMWare experience; demonstrated experience working with IPv4 networks;
- 2+ years of experience coding in scripting languages (Bash, Python, and/or PowerShell);
- Thorough working knowledge of Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN) concepts;
- At least 8 years of experience in a distributed network environment;
- Experience with networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, OSPF, QoS, VPN, IPSLA, Trunking, Spanning tree, Layer 3 switching, etc.;
- Strong understanding of virtual routing technologies;
- Knowledge and interest in cutting edge network technologies;
- Demonstrated experience with the operation of Cisco network switches, routers, IOS commands, Juniper firewalls, etc.
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP certification;
- Ability to understand, recommend, design, and implement LAN/WAN functionality such as switches, routers, virtual routers, gateways, firewalls, load balancers, proxy servers, etc.
Required Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Experience with Cisco Nexus 5000/2000 series hardware;
- Experience with Juniper SRX series hardware;
- Experience with IPS/IDS systems to include network impacts;
- Ability to lead technical teams to success;
- JNCIA or JNCIP certification is desired.
AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V