Staff Accountant at APAC Texas Inc
Posted in Accounting 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Beaumont, Texas
Oldcastle Materials Texas Region
Job ID: 132026
Gulf Coast is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by Oldcastle Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Gulf Coast is part of Oldcastle’s growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
This position offers a diverse set of entry level and accounting related job responsibilities. The desired candidate will embrace a team concept when completing assigned tasks along with a strong commitment to do whatever is necessary to perform high quality work, meet deadlines and finish assigned tasks.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- To execute journal entries, reconcile balance sheet accounts, and assist with cash management duties.
- Supports the organization with research and analysis of financial records as directed by management.
- Ensure internal controls are maintained to safeguard the financial assets of the company.
- Records, reconciles and reports federal, state, county and local sales taxes
- Manage accounting and allocations for Equipment Department.
- Maintains and reconciles assigned balance sheet accounts and fixed asset system.
- Coordinates posting and maintenance activities for the general ledger.
- Assist with the addition and disposal of fixed assets.
- Tracks capital expenditures against budget. Reports variances and potential variances to budget to management.
- Performs financial analysis as directed by the company management for support of business decisions by management.
- Assist with requests documentation related to external and internal audits.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in a financial accounting environment preferred.
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the office dressed appropriately and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must have the ability to work without close supervision.
- Strong Microsoft Office proficiency, especially Excel.
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure.
- Ability to analyze issues independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Knowledge and/or previous related experience in financial accounting environment preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with management.
- Effective analytical and communication skills required.
- Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Demonstrated, effective skills in dealing with employees at all levels.
- Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to: computers, copiers, ten key adding machine, printers, etc.
- Proficiency in personal computers/word processing, spreadsheets/databases, and relevant software packages.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Standard office environment.
- Tempo is fast-paced with deadlines.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials Texas Gulf Coast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials Texas Gulf Coast is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.