Sr Database Administrator, IS at Edward Jones
Posted in Information Technology 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work. A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
What the IS Database Applications Team Does...
The IS Database Applications team plays a vital role in supporting any applications using Oracle, SQL Server, PeopleSoft HR and PeopleSoft Financials to meet the needs of the Firm.
The IS Database Applications team is responsible for data modeling, database design review process, database support for application upgrades, performance tuning and adhoc data modifications for open systems database platforms (Oracle & SQL Server). We monitor and ensure database availability and address systems issues in a timely manner.
What You'll Do…
Responsibilities for this position include design, develop, implements, documents, and supports applications on Oracle & SQL Server databases, ensuring acceptable database availability, and performance. Creates logical data models for new or existing databases and reviews data access code, recommending changes to developers under minimal direction. Address any security concerns.
- Ensures acceptable database availability and response time by leading database problem diagnosis and resolution, proactive performance monitoring, and performance tuning.
- Provides technical leadership, advice, and mentoring to: DBAs, application developers, project leaders, and business users.
- Researches emerging database technologies and trends to understand future direction of database technology.
- Designs (logically and physically) large, complex, business-critical databases based on business requirements gathered from application development teams and business users.
- Ensures compliance with audit, security, and regulatory requirements.
- Provide DBA support for complex software installation and maintenance, including major upgrades.
- Proficient in evaluating and recommending software and hardware solutions, gathering opinions and reaching consensus from a wide audience of stakeholders.
- Understanding of and commitment to protecting the integrity, security and privacy of the firm's critical business data.
- Promote data quality and enforce data integrity
- Provides after-hours and weekend support and participates in on-call rotation (24X7).
What You'll Need…
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience / subject matter expert on one or more of the following database management systems: Oracle, SQL Server.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with one or more of the following
- Database tools, such as: SQL Developer, OEM / Grid, Toad, SQL Server Management Studio, Foglight database monitoring tool and ERWIN Data Modeler
- Physical and logical replication, examples include: HUR, Quest Shareplex or Data Guard (Oracle), Trans log shipping or Data Mirroring or Always on groups(SQL Server)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with more than one of the following: Linux, current release of Oracle, PL/SQL, TLSQL, ASM, MS Windows, SQL Server (2008 and up), tuning, replication, data modeling, development life cycle methodologies.
- Minimal knowledge of SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), SQL Server Report Server or Power Shell scripting
- Knowledge about NoSQL databases like MONGO etc. a plus
- Knowledge of DBaaS, cloud technology a plus.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to make or review decisions on problems with high visibility, and high risk to the firm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical issues in business terms
- Excellent relationship-management, organizational, communication, time management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in both a team environment and as an individual contributor
- Provide feedback on peers to the leaders