Carpenter - Boston KY at Jim Beam Brands Co
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Boston, Kentucky
Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.
Beam Suntory currently has the following position open in Boston Kentucky , United States .
Carpenter - Boston KY
The mission for this position is to update and maintain the overall structure of the barrel warehouses as well as other job duties as assigned.
These are the essential functions of the position but not limited to these activities:
- Must have carpentry skills to frame buildings, build stairways, roofing (metal, shingle), install trim, doors, partitions, cabinets, etc.
- Overall construction skills to renovate and build new small structures.
- Must be able to figure material, time and costs accurately. Must be able to use transit and read blue prints
- Must be able to do brick work, pour concrete and lay concrete blocks.
- Adheres to and promotes quality, environmental, health and safety as one of the organization’s business priorities.
This is a great opportunity because...
This is a great opportunity to apply a trade to make this a better place to work. It will be a key role in the improvement of the warehouse safety project.
- Have an average to above average work record, i.e. job performance, safety, attendance, etc.
- Be able to read, write and speak English with understanding.
- Have acceptable (or corrected) visual acuity and depth perception. Have acceptable (or corrected) hearing.
- Must have carpentry, concrete and construction skills.
- Must have math knowledge to figure costs.
- Must have five years experience in construction skills.
- Familiarity with electrical systems and safety.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work well without supervision
- Be able to physically perform all aspects of the position. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Lift 40 lbs. on a regular basis and 60 lbs. on an occasional basis, from floor to shoulder height.
- Climb a minimum of two flights of stairs in succession
- Able to bend and stoop.
- Physical ability to climb ladders, move materials, and use construction tools.
High School Degree or equivalent.
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws.