Electronic Systems Sales Representative - Fire/Security at Johnson Controls, Inc
Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
What you will do
The Electronic Systems Sales Rep (ESSR) is part of our Building Technologies & Solutions business with Johnson Controls. Because of our growth we are adding this position on to our team. Will sell Fire and Security equipment in an existing territory in Michigan, which includes Grand Rapids up to Traverse City region, the North, Northwestern region of Michigan. Ideal candidate would come from our industry selling Fire and Security equipment. Come join our growing team.
Our continued growth has produced a need for a talented Electronic Systems Sales Executive to join our team. In this challenging and rewarding role the responsibilities will include professionally representing the Company with respect to the promotion and sale of Fire Safety Systems and security equipment to customers and end users.
How you will do it
- Establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers by scheduling sales calls, following up on leads, and utilizing Johnson Controls marketing strategies.
- Develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company product offerings, qualify and prioritize opportunities, and maintain appropriate territory records.
- Conduct seminars, demonstrations, etc. in order to generate, develop, and qualify leads for prospective customers.
- Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations, and perform necessary follow-up for successful closing of the sale.
- Interface effectively with district operations to deliver and improve service delivery.
- Deliver sales against an assigned quota.
- Maintain established accounts through regular customer contact in pursuit of follow on sales.
- Report progress and supply metrics to operation and corporate teams on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Participate in trade shows, special product demonstrations and other events with the objective of increasing sales and enhancing the company’s image.
What we look for
- Bachelor degree in marketing, business, or engineering preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years successful sales experience in Electronic or similar industry. Prefer 5 years plus experience selling Fire/Security equipment.
- Prefer Nicet certification, or willing to get it.
- Highly motivated and success driven.
- Ability to quickly identify and qualify opportunities.
- High degree of self-discipline.
- Experience working with electrical contractors, ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams desirable.
· Computer experience (Microsoft and Oracle programs preferred.)
- Good oral and written communication skills and sales techniques.
- Ability to persuade and close sales.
- Self-Motivation with good organizational skills.
- Ability to obtain appropriate licenses required by national, state and local codes.
Who we are
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.